Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Documentation] Why do some post dismiss, while some posts cannot operate dismiss?

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Why do some post dismiss, while some posts cannot operate dismiss?

Tagged:

Answers

• Can you explain your question a bit more please? What do you mean by dismiss?

Give an example if you can, please.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I think he is talking about announcements.

grep is your friend.

• aaaarghhh! you're probably right...

Ok, if he does, I'll adjust the topic title...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭

Dismissing just unpins announcements from the top of the page, so everything else is already dismissed, technically.

Although it might be interesting if you could allow people to pin any post they wanted. :)

• edited April 2012

UnderDog said:
    Can you explain your question a bit more please? What do you mean by dismiss?

Give an example if you can, please.

i want konw dismiss's meaning,why some posts cannot see "dismiss" operation ?

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

Much like @jspautsch said, "Dismiss" means that you unpin an announcement and therefore won't see it at the top of your discussions list anymore. It's only announcements that you haven't dismissed yet that can be dismissed. Any other posts won't show the "Dismiss" option. Hope this helps!

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• kasperisager said:
    Much like @jspautsch said, "Dismiss" means that you unpin an announcement and therefore won't see it at the top of your discussions list anymore. It's only announcements that you haven't dismissed yet that can be dismissed. Any other posts won't show the "Dismiss" option. Hope this helps!

thanks!
    how to put a post on top of discussions list? only admin can do it?

• give announcement permissions to the role.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.