Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Twitter Bootstrap Theme

Answers

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff

@Caio: It is yes. You can read more about it here http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/index.html. And thanks!
    @jeff359: Glad you like it!

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• kasperisager
    @Caio: It is yes. You can read more about it here http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/index.html. And thanks!

@jeff359: Glad you like it!

do you konw about the answer to the question? help ~
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/19779/why-do-some-post-dismiss-while-some-posts-cannot-operate-dismiss#Item_6

• CaioCaio
    edited April 2012

When are you going to put it up for download, do you have a specific date and/or website where you will be releasing it?

@Caio: I don't have a specific date no, as this is something I'm just doing for fun. Stumbled upon Vanilla a week ago and thought I'd try and do something cool with it. My guess is that I can have the first version ready next week. I'm currently busy with my last year of high school, so I don't exactly have heaps of spare time frankly. I'll try and finish it up quickly though, promise!

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• Thank you, I need it for a project and since vanilla is small, there aren't a lot of frameworks.

• Thank you, I need it for a project and since vanilla is small, there aren't a lot of frameworks.

edited April 2012

Here's yet another screenshot. I've begun working on the entry pages which, with a bit of luck, will be finished during the weekend.

Edit: Also, I've included the linen texture in an optional CSS file along with some other styles as to make the basic version of the theme very... well, basic :)

• CaioCaio
    edited April 2012

Is this going to be on github? If so, gonna fork it.

• Is the header going to be ccs3 gradient or image?

@Caio It will be on Github yes, and the header is a CSS3 gradient which should be fully cross-browser compatible :)

• 422422 Developer MVP

So just had 10 minutes to spare, and downloaded bootstrap..

Hmm.. its pretty cool huh ! In fact I may begin converting a current dev site and use bootstrap.. will start playing.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Are you taking advantage of less variables and stuff so that you can easily theme the excitingly named vanilla elements using other existing bootstrap elements with a line or two instead of bulk duplicating CSS.

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012

You should try this, LESSCSS

• 422422 Developer MVP

Bootstrap comes with less

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭
    edited April 2012

Oh, why not just use LESSCSS by itself?

• @kesperisager, I have a question, why use bootstrap? Why not make a theme yourself?

• Awesome! Looking forward to this one, Twitter Bootstrap on VF, @kesperisager. It seems to be a decent one.

IMO, Twitter Bootstrap is easy to use plus it comes with grid system and importantly, it is well documented. Perfect for your new application (download TB, make some adjustments to the code and implement. Then make it public on WWW). It can also serve as a landing page, then after being replaced by something a premium-template, perhaps. I believe that most web-masters/developers are going for Twitter Bootstrap mainly because they have no time to code / design, have less experience or have a low budget assigned for web-designing purposes. -- TB would be a perfect for them.

Well, in the end of the day, Twitter Bootstrap is much better looking (in terms of design and UI) compared to FBbootstrap, or whatever they call it. Wouldn't you agree. (;

• 422422 Developer MVP

I predict a million bootstrap websites appearing soon, all the same all calling 30 js files per page.

Interesting to see te vanilla integration

edited April 2012

@Gillingham So far my .less files are pretty messy as I've just written everything as fast as possible. I will however take advantage of LESS variables and clean up the code when the theme has been completed.

@Caio I use Bootstrap because I like the structure of it and the way it looks. It sets some standards as to what a robust interface should look like and it's easy to customize and make your own stuff based on it. @Brizzly also listed a bunch of reasons, each of which I fully agree :) Bootstrap is the new black in web design.

@422 Yeah, Bootstrap does have a lot of js files! I've used the combined minified version of the js though (bootstrap.min.js), so it should limit the number of js files loaded.

On a side note: So far I haven't included less.js in the theme as I've been using SimpLESS for compiling my .less files. If people are interested, I'll implement it though.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Its a thumper of a file huh lol.