Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

(FileUpload plugin) delete pictures on post

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have a user that said they aren't able to delete pictures that were uploaded with a post. They get the following error message. How do you enable this permission?
"You don't have permission to do that."

Answers

• Options

in the dashboard.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

A user wouldnt have access to the dashboard tho?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Options

I mean what permission do I have to change for the member role to allow them to delete uploaded images?

• Options
    422422 Developer MVP

surely, you need to be able for them to come back at any point in the furure to edit a post, thats not a good idea.

• Options

It's just a support forums for a product. Is it possible?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

change it in advanced setting on dashboard.

Discussion & Comment Editing
    authors can always edit their posts.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options

Are you using the hosted version? I don't see this option. Users can already edit their posts but they are not able to remove attachments which I believe are done through the FileUpload plugin.

• Options

I guess I didn't understand. Maybe now that you have provided more details, people can hone in on an answer instead of jumping around it. I don't use the plugin.

• Options
    UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited April 2012

This thread is an excellent example of needing more information on the topic start:

Hi 
    I am using vanilla version... and I have the following problem...
    I have tried... and tried... and searched and found the following results...
    I cannot solve the problem. Maybe it's a plugin?
    I am using plugins ... (list here)

Good start?

• Options

Sorry, it's been a while since I setup Vanilla and didn't know whether the behavior is related to a plug-in or not. It just sounded like a permissions issue but setting permissions in Vanilla is a little confusing.