Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

(FileUpload plugin) delete pictures on post

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have a user that said they aren't able to delete pictures that were uploaded with a post. They get the following error message. How do you enable this permission?
"You don't have permission to do that."

Answers

• in the dashboard.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• 422422 Developer MVP

A user wouldnt have access to the dashboard tho?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• I mean what permission do I have to change for the member role to allow them to delete uploaded images?

• 422422 Developer MVP

surely, you need to be able for them to come back at any point in the furure to edit a post, thats not a good idea.

• It's just a support forums for a product. Is it possible?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

change it in advanced setting on dashboard.

Discussion & Comment Editing
    authors can always edit their posts.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Are you using the hosted version? I don't see this option. Users can already edit their posts but they are not able to remove attachments which I believe are done through the FileUpload plugin.

• I guess I didn't understand. Maybe now that you have provided more details, people can hone in on an answer instead of jumping around it. I don't use the plugin.

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited April 2012

This thread is an excellent example of needing more information on the topic start:

Hi 
    I am using vanilla version... and I have the following problem...
    I have tried... and tried... and searched and found the following results...
    I cannot solve the problem. Maybe it's a plugin?
    I am using plugins ... (list here)

Good start?

• Sorry, it's been a while since I setup Vanilla and didn't know whether the behavior is related to a plug-in or not. It just sounded like a permissions issue but setting permissions in Vanilla is a little confusing.