Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Need to remove ProfileLink

422422 Developer MVP
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Doing new theme, and this is my code snippet below.

if ($Discussion->LastCommentID != '') {
               echo '< span class="LastCommentBy"> < span class="repliedBy">'.UserPhoto($Last).'</ span>'.'</ span>';
               echo '< span class="LastCommentDate">'.Gdn_Format::Date($Discussion->LastDate).'</ span>';
            } else {
               echo '< span class="LastCommentBy">'.sprintf(T('Started by %1$s'), '< span class="showNew"> </ span>'.UserAnchor($First)).'</ span>';
               echo '< span class="LastCommentDate">'.Gdn_Format::Date($Discussion->FirstDate);

if ($Source = GetValue('Source', $Discussion)) {
                  echo ' '.sprintf(T('via %s'), T($Source.' Source', $Source));
               }

echo '</ span>';
            }

The issue is the Userphoto is yanking in the a href link, which has class :

ProfileLink

I need to remove this from my code, What I am doing is...

On Discussions page, main index ( that is )

I have original poster avatar displayed, and within it, I have the last poster avatar ( smaller version ) displayed.
I still need the href on the original posters avatar , but want to strip the href of the LastCommentBy userphoto..

Can you think of what I can do to fix ?

Because the href link that wraps the photo..stuffs up my styling

< a class="ProfileLink" href="/theme/profile/1/admin" title="admin">
    < img class="ProfilePhotoMedium" alt="admin" src="http://testsite.com/respond/uploads/userpics/703/n3JE1ANP8ZZRZ.png">
< /a>

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP

Hmm I may have circumvented this , by changing css classes. Still would like to know if we can strip href on the last replied by...

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012
     UserPhoto($Last, array('LinkClass'=>'nolink','ImageClass'=>'')) 

echo '< span class="LastCommentBy"> < span class="repliedBy">'.  UserPhoto($Last, array('LinkClass'=>'nolink','ImageClass'=>''))      .'   </ span>'.'</ span>';

I didn't try it. i assume you can modify your newly added class .nolink to do whatever you want.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Thankyou, i opted for css change in the end.

Have saved your code tho, thankyou.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2012

I'm giving you a like because you said thank you and because you clicked like, and you finalized the discussion :), a rarity sometimes (not with you though).

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Cheers :) ... << the questions are coming thick n fast