Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Do not work

edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Receiving email from webmaster@kwarc.info:

Not Found

The requested URL /index.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache Server at chameleonantenna.com Port 80

Why?

Best Answer

• cdavidcdavid New
    Answer ✓

Hey!

I haven't developed this in a long time (and do not intend to). If you know some PHP, I have spotted the problem, but I don't remember much of the framework. The problem seems to be in lines 50-70.

In particular, $_SERVER[] should not be used but rather Gdn:Url() or Gdn_Url() -- I don't remember the framework very well. Then, I am assuming that the forum is at the root of the server (thus putting a index.php?p=/discussion which is wrong for your site.

Also a problem, the emails seem to come from webmaster.kwarc.info which is wrong -- they should come from your domain. Not quite sure how to solve this one.

Last, but not least, the emails are sent using the PHP mail function which most likely produce the problem for you.

All in all, this plugin is just a hack. Maybe a better one would be EMailSubscribe by me. But also keep in mind that i have not done any development for Vanilla in about 1 year and most likely won't do soon.

/cd

Answers

• cdavidcdavid New
    Answer ✓

Hey!

I haven't developed this in a long time (and do not intend to). If you know some PHP, I have spotted the problem, but I don't remember much of the framework. The problem seems to be in lines 50-70.

In particular, $_SERVER[] should not be used but rather Gdn:Url() or Gdn_Url() -- I don't remember the framework very well. Then, I am assuming that the forum is at the root of the server (thus putting a index.php?p=/discussion which is wrong for your site.

Also a problem, the emails seem to come from webmaster.kwarc.info which is wrong -- they should come from your domain. Not quite sure how to solve this one.

Last, but not least, the emails are sent using the PHP mail function which most likely produce the problem for you.

All in all, this plugin is just a hack. Maybe a better one would be EMailSubscribe by me. But also keep in mind that i have not done any development for Vanilla in about 1 year and most likely won't do soon.

/cd

• I've no time to play with that. I already deleted the addon.