Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Only new discussions on same page are shown

rkneschkerkneschke New
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I do not want to sound picky, but my forum users have point out that the "show only unread" button only searches for the unread discussions on the first page of "all discussions".

If there are unread discussions on page 2 or 3 etc. of "all discussions", these will only be shown if the user has clicked on page 2 or 3...

Is it possible to parse out the unread discussions of the other pages from "all discussions" and show them?

Thanks, Robert

Best Answer

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

no problem feel free to ask for changes. I just don't know if I can acomodate them.

now, you got the answer to the question, when I mentioned pagination issues.

the only way to kludge this easily is to increase the number of discussions per page in the advanced setting in the dashboard. If most users see unread discussions spanning across 3 pages for example.

triple the number of discussions per page in the settings.

Perhaps, after vanilla 2.1 comes out there may be an easier way.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Answers

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    Answer ✓

no problem feel free to ask for changes. I just don't know if I can acomodate them.

now, you got the answer to the question, when I mentioned pagination issues.

the only way to kludge this easily is to increase the number of discussions per page in the advanced setting in the dashboard. If most users see unread discussions spanning across 3 pages for example.

Perhaps, after vanilla 2.1 comes out there may be an easier way.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrine said:

Thanks, that's an easy workaround. I could (should) have thought of that.