Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

What kind of plugins does this forum use?

simonleufsimonleuf
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I am trying out Vanilla to see if it could work as as a forum alongside my blog. But out of the box the software is pretty vanilla. So I am looking for some good and useful plugins that can enhance the user experience without making it too bloated. So just like the title asks, what kind of plugins does this forum use?

Tagged:

Comments

• 422422 Developer MVP
    edited May 2012

I will start the ball rolling.

Whosonline

Buttonbar

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Search for the post where the Todd or Tim has specified which plugins this site use. Its comprehensive list of 8-10 plugins.

• fh111fh111 Vanilla Padawan ✭✭
    edited May 2012

Category Accordion (If you have many categories and subcategories)

BrowseMember (lists all users on a separate page. it's not available here so you have2google it)

MyProfile

Honestly i would just go through all plugins that are listed in the addon section and try them :p

that's what worked for me

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited May 2012

And to make the list complete:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/154353/#Comment_154353

We can better discuss which plugins should our site use!:

• After post search through all topics and suggest existing posts about the same subject ;-)
    • Mark all Comments as Read

• Thank you everyone! :)

• 422422 Developer MVP

@simonleuf feel free to accept Underdogs answer, so others know its solved :)

• @422 How do I do that? :S

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

place your finger on the accept link on the post and push your screen
    or click your mouse on the accept link on the post and push your screen.

and if you really like the answer you can click the like.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• 422422 Developer MVP

Personally i always click SPAM or ABUSE. When underdog gives good answers ;)

• LOL! Ok, we need extra plugins, especially for 422... Let's see... a Warning plugin... neh
    a plugin that shows a 'Whoohoo' lightbox PopUp when 422 posts more free stuff... sure :-)
    a plugin that logs 422 out when he hits 'Abuse' or 'Spam' on one of my comments... hell yeah!
    A plugin that sends a PM to 422 whenever someone asks obvious CSS questions... definately!

• 422422 Developer MVP

Lmao u got it ;) and a sms when i get a "like" lol

• Lol! I had a good one for a sms... I'll dive into my memory and let you know...

• There is no Accept link...

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

simonleuf said:
    There is no Accept link...

Are you on mobile? Potential plugin config issue... i don't see this option (and others, like quote) while on mobile.

• hbf said:
    Are you on mobile? Potential plugin config issue... i don't see this option (and others, like quote) while on mobile.

Nah, I guess this topic is just a Discussion and not a Question. And therefore I can't accept an answer.