Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Element does not exist in DOM!

RageTexasRageTexas New
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Getting a "Element does not exist in DOM!" error popup in IE9 (but not in Firefox 12.0) only when the Traditional plugin is active. Anyone else getting this error?

Best Answer

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012 Answer ✓

Good catch..I usually just test using IE6/7 and didn't catch this.

The problem occurs inside of jquery.ticker.js. This is what is used to create the live stream of your RSS feed. I just haphazardly included this file with every page load when in fact I should only do so if the page is viewing all discussions or recent activity. The jquery ticker throws this message if it can't find the correct html to hook into.

Paste this into the traditional plugin, around line 46, over the entire Base_Render_Before function to fix this.

Answers

• mcu_hqmcu_hq yippie ki-yay ✭✭✭
    edited May 2012 Answer ✓

Good catch..I usually just test using IE6/7 and didn't catch this.

The problem occurs inside of jquery.ticker.js. This is what is used to create the live stream of your RSS feed. I just haphazardly included this file with every page load when in fact I should only do so if the page is viewing all discussions or recent activity. The jquery ticker throws this message if it can't find the correct html to hook into.

Paste this into the traditional plugin, around line 46, over the entire Base_Render_Before function to fix this.

• Great, thanks!!