Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Separate registration UI

theallantheallan New
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello all,

I wonder if someone might be able to tell me if it possible to register a Vanilla forum account through an API or to embed the registration form into a different page?

The reasoning behind wanting to do this is that I want to use the Vanilla forum as the registration / account system for my whole site (which I think makes it different from the majority of the SSO discussions already in this forum, where they mainly discuss integrating with another system) - but I have a sub-domain with a slightly different interface, and I'd like to present a registration form that reflects the sub-domain UI (I'm currently just redirecting to the "main" forum registration page).

jsConnect appears to be ideal for signing in, but it doesn't mention registration in the documentation at all.

Many thanks,
Allan

Answers

• Sorry to bump this - but does anyone know how this might be done, or even if it can be done?