Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

2 Bugs with Q&A

aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Bug1:

I regularly get the notification - You've asked questions that now have answers. Make sure you accept/reject the answers. and clicking on the link takes me to the page http://vanillaforums.org/discussions/mine?qna=Answered page which lists all posts where I have to accept/reject answers.

All good till now. But this page has pagination box at bottom which then leads to all the posts irrespective of Q&A context. Ideally, pagination should not be displayed and only first page should be displayed with a heading that accept or reject the answers.

Bug 2:

I dont have any option to accept or reject answers in replies with posts written before q&a but I always get annoyed by notifications for that post. Ex - http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/17939/new-vanilla-theme-released-any-opinions-fellow-vanillars

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• can you post some screenshots to help explain better

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

For 1st bug -

After clicking on the accept/reject answer notification -

Notice that the url has parameter 'Answered' though it has to be 'Unanswered'. And the pagination buttons exists which takes me to all the discussions as shown in bottom hover url.

For 2nd bug -

The discussion has only two comments, one by me which I cannot accept or reject and another by Todd which also does not have accept/reject buttons.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• maybe the functionality is different when used in conjunction with plugins discussions?

If you create a question in the questions category that is not related to a plugin, it should work as intended. But when you create a question in relation to a plugin, this bug appears.

I think it is a functionality oversight. Perhaps a theme edit is all that is needed.
    My guess is that because the question is related to a plugin, the system does not know that it is a true question and to add the functions of a question.