Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Save site name in data base

edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello, i need save the site name in the db and edit this from the admin panel. ¿How i can do it?

Thanks!

Answers

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

Can you elaborate more?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• 422422 Developer MVP

It is saved within the config file.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Instead of in the config file need to be stored in the database.

• It is saved within the config file.

Only

grep is your friend.

• Is there no way?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

no has been the consistent answer.

why do you need it in a database as opposed to reading it from config file?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I got it :)

I created a table with 4 fields, the config.php it does is collect all these areas and turn them into variables with eval (). Then in lybrary / core / class.configuration.php, in the Save, I keep all that data into the DDBB when needed. (This with some minor changes, it worked. I used mysql functions of vanilla).

• You haven't exlained why you are doign this. I expect it to give you inconsistent results.

Also serialise and und serialise objects rather than relying on eval if you can help it. Look at Gdn_Format::Serialize() and Gnd_Format::Unserialize()

People are very quick to edit the core, remember if you edit the core you are maintaining a fork.

People have misguided ideas about security I wondered if this is the reason, or if you wanted a test,dev, and production configuration options?

grep is your friend.

• I'm doing a project based on vanilla forums, that is why I have to make these changes.