Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Translateng homepage of dashboard! where is it's files?

2»

Answers

• qwentyqwenty New
    edited May 2012

peregrine said:
    You could test them by echoing them and see if they get picked up correctly. throw it somewhere in one of your pages or create a page in the custompage plugin.

I created a php file containing the below code and placed it into: /vanilla/plugins/CustomPages/pages

<?php
    echo T('Powered by Vanilla');
    ?>

Nothing happened! I'm not familiar with php. Is the above code correct?

I suspect that means you report modifications to github if you want to improve things, because no one is likely to do it for you. a tit-for-tat so to speak

Ok, Sure. I'll do.

Now, I have another odd problem: Add /vanilla/applications/dashboard/design/admin.css to the "design" folder of your current theme. then go to the dashboard. you'll see that images(icons) are (e.g.) disappeared. Why?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

I never played with Custompages till yesterday.

Suggestion: Become familiar with php :) .

This is what I did and it works for me.

/conf/locale.php

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();

$Definition['Powered by Vanilla']='Test';

/vanilla/plugins/CustomPages/pages/default.php

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit(); ?>

<h1>This is the default page in the "Custom Pages" plugin.</h1>
    <p>You can find this page on your filesystem at:</p>
    <code><?php echo PATH_PLUGINS . DS . 'CustomPages' . DS . 'pages' . DS . 'default.php'; ?></code>

<p>You can copy this file, rename it, and put any content you like in it. You
    will be able to access your page by using it's filename in the url. For example,
    if you copied this file and renamed it "shoes.php", you could access it at:
    <?php echo Url('/plugin/page/shoes', TRUE); ?></p>

//added this
    <?php echo T('Powered by Vanilla'); ?>

//rest of file

test shows up instead of Powered by Vanilla

Now, I have another odd problem: Add /vanilla/applications/dashboard/design/admin.css to the "design" folder of your current theme. then go to the dashboard. you'll see that images(icons) are (e.g.) disappeared. Why? >

check you cache, look in firebug to see what css files where loaded, see if images are located where it wants them to be.

BTW - What is the language you are translating to?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.