Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

If anyone has the time two annotate at least these two themes..

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Bootstrap and Traditional
Some of the steps in how they were created, the functions, etc. I think a large part of the documentation would be written. I think the functionality and look of these two themes is superb. I'm just beginning my ability to digest themes and I'm no designer so I can't provide much help here. But I am going to try to delve into them. Thanks for this two themes @kasperisager and @mcu_hq

It certainly would be a good addition to this excellent doc deploying a new theme

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Best Answer

• KasperKasper Scholar of the Bits Copenhagen Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓

Thanks for your compliments @peregrine :) I'll gladly write a doc on how I built VanillaBootstrap if people are interested. I personally think that the most important aspect in the creation of VanillaBootstrap is the use of LESS as it makes theming so much easier. A cool addition to the docs would therefore imo be to include a guide on how to use LESS with Vanilla and how to make use of eg. LESS based frameworks like Twitter Bootstrap to speed up your theming.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

Answers

Answer ✓

Thanks for your compliments @peregrine :) I'll gladly write a doc on how I built VanillaBootstrap if people are interested. I personally think that the most important aspect in the creation of VanillaBootstrap is the use of LESS as it makes theming so much easier. A cool addition to the docs would therefore imo be to include a guide on how to use LESS with Vanilla and how to make use of eg. LESS based frameworks like Twitter Bootstrap to speed up your theming.

Kasper Kronborg Isager (kasperisager) | Freelance Developer @Vanilla | Hit me up: Google Mail or Vanilla Mail | Find me on GitHub

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

kasperisager said:
    Thanks for your compliments @peregrine :) I'll gladly write a doc on how I built VanillaBootstrap if people are interested. I personally think that the most important aspect in the creation of VanillaBootstrap is the use of LESS as it makes theming so much easier. A cool addition to the docs would therefore imo be to include a guide on how to use LESS with Vanilla and how to make use of eg. LESS based frameworks like Twitter Bootstrap to speed up your theming.>

I am always eager in learning new things. So, i for one would read anything you've got.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

I've now covered the basics on how I built VanillaBootstrap: http://vanilla.ungdomsrod.dk/discussion/32/docs-how-i-built-vanillabootstrap

• thanks kasperisager

• 422422 Developer MVP

Nice jquery add class!

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Thanks fellas, glad you like it even though it wasn't much!