Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

post teaser plugin

pedenskipedenski New
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi im new to vanilla.

Is there a teaser plugin that only shows 1st to 3rd post and to view the rest of the discussion there's a note saying you have to be a registered member.

thanks

Answers

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

Not that im aware of. But i think you could make one pretty easily.

• pedenskipedenski New
    edited May 2012

sorry but im no programmer. is there any way to implement this kind of settings? so to encourage lurkers to register and be active in the forum. cause thats usually the problem. people tend to lurk rather than contribute and participate.

i just hope theres a way i could limit the guest's viewing ability.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

Yes it could be implemented such that you turn it on or off via dashboard. You'll likely get a pm fro x00 about sponsored development shortly...

Im not that subtle. Most people around here dont do development like this for free. If you want to try your hand at writing the plugin i can point you in the right direction. If you just want someone to provide a functional finished plugin then youll likely need to contract with someone. @Peregrine does freebies sometimes.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
    edited May 2012

pedenski said:
    sorry but im no programmer. is there any way to implement this kind of settings? so to encourage lurkers to register and be active in the forum. cause thats usually the problem. people tend to lurk rather than contribute and participate.

You could just make it so guests cant see comments, but can view the discussion contents. Then no dev required

• /\Sure that is, more of special case where you have a closed forum, but want social link like facebook to be able scrape something, and have some kind of landing page.

If a user or guest can't view a discussion it not goign to be listed in the discussion list. So what you what is a little different. you want to be able to truncate the discussion for guests, which is certainly possible.

Though I am kind of bit busy lately sorry...

grep is your friend.

• hbf said:

pedenski said:

You could just make it so guests cant see comments, but can view the discussion contents. Then no dev required

How do i implement that specific settings, so guests cant view yhe comments?

• You could just make it so guests cant see comments, but can view the discussion contents. Then no dev required

How do i implement that specific settings, so guests cant view yhe comments?

Sorry, I'm pretty sure you can't do this. It would be in roles and permissions, but it doesn't like there's a view permission for comments, only full discussions.

You may want to consider that having Google index all your content might be a bigger benefit to your community than the several lurkers you'd convince to register by hiding comments.

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

Yes. Sorry only add was split not view. Should have double checked my dashboard. You could register a new permission and validate against it. But that will take a but of code.