Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

why does the release date for the latest version show may 24th

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited June 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

but the plugin shows it was updated in June on the listing of addons page. just curious. Ande the zip version number seemed to remain the same. I noticed this for a number of plugins.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Best Answers

• PamelaPamela ✭✭
    Answer ✓

peregrine said:
    @Matt old buddy - did you just upload some images or screenshots or did you upload new zips for all the programs?

I do not have got a great memory :) but I did not remember these logo images from matt's plugins before today

• mattmatt ✭✭
    Answer ✓

yep, I added the logos.

the logos will be added to the plugin zips when there is a more worthwhile reason for uploading a new version.

• mattmatt ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I think even changing the text in the description will bump it.

I think things should only be bumped if there's a new zip.

Answers

• PamelaPamela ✭✭

peregrine said:
    but the plugin shows it was updated in June on the listing of addons page. just curious. Ande the zip version number seemed to remain the same. I noticed this for a number of plugins.

Newbie here then I didn't dare :) to write it but...

• @Matt old buddy - did you just upload some images or screenshots or did you upload new zips for all the programs?

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• PamelaPamela ✭✭
    Answer ✓

peregrine said:
    @Matt old buddy - did you just upload some images or screenshots or did you upload new zips for all the programs?

I do not have got a great memory :) but I did not remember these logo images from matt's plugins before today

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

that must be it. thx.

• mattmatt ✭✭
    Answer ✓

yep, I added the logos.

the logos will be added to the plugin zips when there is a more worthwhile reason for uploading a new version.

• thx. I was just wondering what makes the addons show recently updated without a version change, and it appears by adding an icon without uploading a new zip does just that. solved.

• mattmatt ✭✭
    Answer ✓

I think even changing the text in the description will bump it.

I think things should only be bumped if there's a new zip.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2012

matt said:
    I think even changing the text in the description will bump it.>

right you are. I just tested it. :).

I think things should only be bumped if there's a new zip.>

I've got mixed feelings. As long as the release date and version number stays the same, which it does, I don't have a problem with it. now that I understand it.

• mattmatt ✭✭
    edited June 2012

I was a bit shocked when all my plugins jumped back up the list.

The current system is open to abuse, if gaming a recently updated list was your thing.

• matt said:
    I was a bit shocked when all my plugins jumped back up the list.

The current system is open to abuse, if gaming a recently updated list was your thing.>

yes. but it doesn't appear to be gamed and even if the above was changed you could alway game it another way.