HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Attention Translators! You Can Now Help Translate Vanilla Online

Comments

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff

@Arachnos, there may be some missing phrases here and there. Once I've gone through the files generated from transifex I'll be able to incorporate what we need. Translation is always a moving target so to speak.

• ArachnosArachnos La Garenne Colombes
    edited July 2012

Thanks @Todd ! I'm adapting Transifex translation in order to finalize a new French translation, and I'll try to locate the missing pieces in order to list them and give them to developers, via Github (I mean the missing function T ('') for some phrases).

• Todd said:
    @Clough, go to the transifex site and sign up. You can add Turkish there.

@Tood i added request, sorry for i do not know to use transifex

• i am working on it

• Your link doesn't work! Can't register

• pehja said:
    Your link doesn't work! Can't register

Can you be more specific, please? Does the link to Transifex not work? Just tried it and it works over here...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• HalfCatHalfCat ✭✭
    edited July 2012

UnderDog said:

pehja said:
    Your link doesn't work! Can't register

Can you be more specific, please? Does the link to Transifex not work? Just tried it and it works over here...

@pehja is (kind of) right. The link in the first post redirects to a "page not found" site, however you can still click "sign up for free" in the upper right on that page. Alternitavely just go to this page and click sign up for free: https://www.transifex.com/plans/

• Please add me to the Hebrew translations.

Also - if there are any recommendations for forums already using Vanilla in Hebrew, I'd love to see them.

thanks

edited July 2012

I added you to the team @krankyd. If you are going to use a hebrew locale you should also enable the right-to-left plugin.

• RobenRoben New
    edited August 2012

I decided to update my locale and I went to: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/vanilla/language/de_DE/

But "Download for use" is unavailable?!

• Roben said:
    I decided to update my locale and I went to: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/vanilla/language/de_DE/

But "Download for use" is unavailable?!

You need to create an account on transifex (it's free) to be able to download it.

• HalfCat said: You need to create an account on transifex (it's free) to be able to download it.

I created an account on transifex . (but, why should I try for an extra registration to access the locale? it's not friendly)

unexpectedly I have 2 files: for_use_vanilla_dash_core_de_DE.php and for_use_vanilla_site_core_de_DE.php

I don't know what I must do! What's the instruction?

• Roben said:

HalfCat said: You need to create an account on transifex (it's free) to be able to download it.

I created an account on transifex . (but, why should I try for an extra registration to access the locale? it's not friendly)

unexpectedly I have 2 files: for_use_vanilla_dash_core_de_DE.php and for_use_vanilla_site_core_de_DE.php

I don't know what I must do! What's the instruction?

1. create a folder in your vanilla/locales/. you can call it "German" or whatever you like
    2. put the 2 files in there (that you downloaded)
    3. put my attached file in there. It has to be named definitions.php (you can edit authors, date etc.)
    4. go to dashboard -> locales -> activate the German Locale
  • Sorry, here is the file you need. Rename it to definitions.php

• Hi Todd,
    Please, add Urdu for Pakistan.

@UrduAnswer the instructions on adding locales are in the original discussion of this thread.

• thank you Todd,
    I have started my work.

• pehjapehja New
    edited August 2012

Not sure how this works. Have register at Transifex. Want to be part of the swedish locale

@pehja, check the instructions on the first post of this discussion.

• pehjapehja New
    edited August 2012

Ok, so here it is. Not sure it´s the right version. And if it isn't maybe you can put up a new, so I can start from scratch :)