Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

rss feed is not working..

ChanuxChanux Admin of Geek.lk ✭✭

rss feed is not working.. http://geek.lk/discussions/feed.rss

This page contains the following errors:

error on line 4 at column 6: XML declaration allowed only at the start of the document
Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error.

Plz help

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

possibly you just added some code or made a change to your site with a php file with a closing ?>

try disabling each of your plugins one at a time and see if one created the problem. if you identify the plugin.

then look for a closing ?> at the bottom of any php files in the plugin and remove it.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• ChanuxChanux Admin of Geek.lk ✭✭
    edited November 2012

@peregrine done.. but not working.... :(

when check using firefox, i got this error

XML Parsing Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entity
    Line Number 4, Column 1:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    ^

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

something is probably sending characters too soon and messing up the feeds.

somewhere you may be sending extra spaces or blank lines. Go back to when your feeds last worked or too earlier code and test - and see what code you added or changed. It's usually tricky to find the offending code --- you need to go back to plain vanilla (default theme no plugins, not additional libraries, addtional jquery, etc) without any custom changes and slowly add things back in to find problem.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I seem to remember you having this problem before, always use the validator.

You are adding unnecessary white space on all you pages not just feed.

Always leave the last ?> off it is not needed an stop any change of whitespace.

grep is your friend.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2012

@x00 said:
    I seem to remember you having this problem before, always use the validator.

You are adding unnecessary white space on all you pages not just feed.

Always leave the last ?> off it is not needed an stop any change of whitespace.

@x00 - I'm not sure if you are referring to chanux or me - But I had the problem with a plugin I wrote months ago and you provided the solution about the closing ?> that I suggested in my first post to chanux, which worked (at least for me). Not sure if chanux had the same problem before though - so I may be misinterpreting. Like you new icon by the way.