Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Confirmation email required badge always appearing

2»

Answers

• I may have solved this.

Because I imported from punbb, that process seemed to wipe out some of the roles. I was missing the 'confirm email' role for example.

Having created that role - the problem seems to have gone away.

Thanks.

• I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• I'm also getting the same problem like this. Is there a simpler way to solve it?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@Chiprang said:
    I'm also getting the same problem like this. Is there a simpler way to solve it?

Yes, Todd's answer: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/151566/#Comment_151566

• @Lincoln, Thanks for the URL, but it is not working or maybe i have messed up the Member Role setting. Can you please look at this screenshot

Thanks

• @Lincoln, That screenshot setting is OK...now. The email confirm notification notice disappeared after i select the Require users to confirm their email addresses (recommended) in the theRegistration Settings. I also select 'Confirm Email' Users will be assigned to this role until they've confirmed their email addresses. Quite Strange! Don't you think 'Member' should be selected.

Also, new user is able to post even before Confirming email.

• I think i got it now...bt the only issue that remains is... Even applicants who are yet to verify their emails can immediately make a post. How to prevent that?

• look in the confirm email role and fix the permissions or post a similar image as you did above for members, except for confirm email role.

remove the add permissions in that role under the categories toward the bottom.
    remove the edit profile and anything else you don't want confirm email to do in the role permissions.

Ensure that anyone who is a member doesnt' also have confirm email role.

you should easily be able to roles for all users twith membership enhanced plugin

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.