Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Remind Users to come back?

phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
edited April 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi all,

Does Vanilla know a way or a plugin to remind Users to check back again.. for example 3 months after inactivity?

I'mean there is a table row "DateLastActive" and i can create a Newsletter-List of those, but just asking.

Thanx for info.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla

Best Answers

• RajioRajio
    Answer ✓

Good idea if you can let users toggle this off

Answers

• aeryaery Gtricks Forum in 2.2 :) ✭✭✭

@x00 can you make such plugin?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• RajioRajio
    Answer ✓

Good idea if you can let users toggle this off

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Hi x00, yes i would. But i still need a little time checking things out. i come back to you asap, ok?

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
  • Bump! Certainly a useful plugin to retain the members

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This would be trivial with a cron system.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:

exactly what i thought. how hard would it be to extract list. and cron a batch file to send form letter.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Sorry. Does that mean such a plugin would be redundant or are you suggesting it's easy to develop such a plugin? I am technologically challenged.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

I have something ready like this, based on several rules and with a e-mail template editor. :)

We are currently rebuilding VanillaSkins.com, i inform you soon about it.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@hgtonight said:

Which exists :D

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@businessdad said:
    Which exists :D

For some reason, I was thinking about the dev team mentioning implementing cron. I completely forgot about this wonderful plugin!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@hgtonight said:
    For some reason, I was thinking about the dev team mentioning implementing cron. I completely forgot about this wonderful plugin!

The Cron plugin needs some refinement, but it works and it can easily be used by other plugins and applications. In fact, I even suggested the Vanilla Team to use it in their official releases. A bit of pride never hurts. :D

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2013

@somesh said:
    Bump! Certainly a useful plugin to retain the members

If you and others are willing to make a pledge to me that you will honor via paypal, I could write up a plugin (assuming you don't want to go via the cron route and selectively mail when you want based on months since lastactivity date) for you and the community and post it in the add-ons section. But I have a feeling the desire to pledge a monetary amount is beyond the desire of those who want someone to spend hours writing something for the for free.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.