Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How do you USE Vanilla?

2»

Comments

• On a similar theme, i could do with a way of reading discussions without marking them read. Cause sometimes i come on first thing in a morning when i really have no idea what my name is and read stuff then forget to reply later on. I guess i could just bookmark them. But i'm lazy.
  • Me too, I think a 'mark as unread' button would be most useful.
  • Hey quit knocking categories, some of us actually love the buggers lol, I think categories give a theme to the forum, the more you strip away from forum software the more its no longer a forum and your left with a blog or who knows what. Face it people like some of the standared forum bells and whistles, I really don't see how they can annoy anyone, they are just there for people to feel their way around. Once you are a member I can see how you'll spend more time in discussion but still if you have interesting categories, you may want to spend time just in one category instead of seeing the entire list of dicussions. Would be interesting for Vanilla to be a face lift for forum software, turn your existing forum into a vanilla like theme, shouldn't be too difficult, just rearrange things that way you have the power and you have the simplicity not to mention security, not sure how secure Vanilla is compared to standard forums.
  • I think Vanilla already meets the need of category fans/haters. For the people that do like them you can use them, to find posts, or as a way to filter posts. If you are a person that does not like them, don't use them! The way Vanilla is setup already allows you to not ever use them at all.

I thought it was already a good medium. Some people just can't be pleased.
This discussion has been closed.