Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Ignore 1.0.3 Released

TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
edited May 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I have decided to publicly release my Ignore plugin, thus far only available via our Git repo and on Vanilla Forums' hosted platform.

This plugin allows users to ignore others, filtering their comments out of discussions.

Ignore allows each member of the forum to maintain a list of other users whose comments they would prefer not to read.

Comments posted by a person you have ignored will be 'buried' and must be clicked on (to expand them) in order to be read.

Administrators are able to revoke access to the ignore feature on a per-user basis in case of abuse, and ignore list length is able to be limited on the global scale. Administrators cannot be ignored.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

Comments

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff

Users can be ignored via a button click on their profiles, or by manually entering their username into the Ignore List Settings page on within your own Edit Profile area.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2012

now you tell me! now I get to see how the pros do it. :)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@Tim‌

I've just installed Vanilla 2.1 stable, and am having a few issues with this nifty plugin.

Clicking the Ignore button from a user's profile seems to have no effect, but manually adding the user from my own profile does add them, and the plugin behaves as expected.

The 'unignore' button doesn't carry out an action.

The 'revoke' button doesn't carry out an action.

I've tried this both as a 'regular user admin', and as the 'super-admin'.

Is the plugin meant to work with the latest release?

Am I missing something obvious?

Cheers for any advice you can offer.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Heh. How about I just release the actually-working newer version in the Addons repo? :D

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@Lincoln

Ooh! Ooh!

Would you?

Ta ever so.

:)

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited May 2014

Why can't this plugin be enabled on this forum ? I need to ignore @peregrine >:)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited May 2014

Why can't this plugin be enabled on this forum ? I need to ignore @peregrine >:)

V, have you decided to stop learning ;) brain too full of info!

I, otoh, prefer to ignore discussions where the original poster didn't post their version of vanilla. getting tiring asking the same question over and over. I guess it goes hand in hand with many users having an inability to read documentation or search the forum.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@peregrine said:V, have you decided to stop learning brain too full of info!

No Master, I was using you as a stand-in for someone else... ;)

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

The plugin is quiet interesting as the individual user blocking is actually a quiet interesting and helpful way to calm users who feel offended by other users. This way they can black out these users opinion forever or for a while.

I tried it under 2.3.1. What I found out is that in the discussion list it still shows the discussions and introductory comment of the ignored user. The function seems only to apply to comments. They are hidden but still show the profile image the username, and the time of the comment (while no text of the comment is shown fro what I could see),

@Linc and @Tim: Do you probably have an updated version in a repository or worth an update for the "Ignore" plugin in the addon repository?

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla