Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[EMailSubscribe Addon] HTML email

edited March 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hey CD,
So I've another little bug.. the emails are being sent out fine, except that html posts are being sent as text, so you're seeing the html tags..

Was wondering if anything could be done about that,, or is it a vanilla thing..

Comments

• @Servant : I think it's a Vanilla internal function that handles that (which I can't modify), but I'll see what I can do.

/cd
  • Thanks man.

S.
  • any luck yet with html email ?
  • edited August 2011
    Any updates about the HTML support?

Actually it's sending this, is their anyway to maybe just disable codes?

• Is there any update on this
  • edited February 2013

I take it no one has resolved this? I'm looking for a solution as I don't know PHP well enough to figure it out myself :(

• Solution! I just added the line of code at the bottom to config.php. Worked like a charm. All credit goes @vrijvlinder

@vrijvlinder said:
    dcrickmore , in forum/library/vendors/phpmailer.php it advices to use this Sets message type to HTML it contains lots of good ideas.

public function IsHTML($ishtml = true) {
        if ($ishtml) {
          $this->ContentType = 'text/html';
        } else {
          $this->ContentType = 'text/plain';
        }
      }

you could also add this to the config.php

$Configuration['Garden']['Email']['MimeType']= 'text/html';

• DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

Hi Cdavid
    EmailSubscribe: >>> How can i make this a default, and let the Member have to unsubscribe.
    " Notify me when people start new discussions "
    EMailDiscussion: >>> How can i send " Discussion Title " with this message I have tried over the last few days but I now give up.
    I'm trying to learn but oh! so hard
    Denis

• Hi @dcrickmore:

Sorry, to which file do we add the code? I don't see config.php in the EmailSubscribe plug-in folder. Should we add the code to configuration.php in the applications\vanilla folder?

Do we also need to add $Configuration['Garden']['Email']['MimeType']= 'text/html'; to the same file, or is it one or the other as the solution?

Thanks very much!

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

no ,

$Configurations go in the conf/config.php you would add that in there

• Id like to implement this fix but can't make head nor tail of the discussion.

Where is this config file?

It is in the forum directory, config.php

• DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

I downloaded this along time ago and disabled it because of a error I'm now trying find out what this error is. > "Column 'ProfileUserID' cannot be null"
    insert GDN_Profilevisitor
    (ProfileUserID, UpdateUserID, DateUpdated)
    values (:ProfileUserID, :UpdateUserID, :DateUpdated)
    LOCATION: /home3/hannahas/public_html/surin-expatsforum/library/database/class.database.php

276:
    277: if (!is_object($PDOStatement)) {
    278: trigger_error(ErrorMessage('PDO Statement failed to prepare', $this->ClassName, 'Query', $this->GetPDOErrorMessage($this->Connection()->errorInfo())), E_USER_ERROR);
    279: } else if ($PDOStatement->execute($InputParameters) === FALSE) {

280: trigger_error(ErrorMessage($this->GetPDOErrorMessage($PDOStatement->errorInfo()), $this->ClassName, 'Query', $Sql), E_USER_ERROR);

281: }
    282: } else {
    283: $PDOStatement = $this->Connection()->query($Sql);
    284: }

BACKTRACE:

Yes, and I remember giving you a fixed copy , you need to learn how to modify an old plugin for 2.1

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25534/how-to-modify-an-old-plugin-for-2-1