Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Remove h1 from vanilla editor

steamsteam www.planamigo.org - #1 foro planes amigo

Hi,
I would remove the possibility of putting h1 in the default vanill editor to write messages.
Because for SEO the page has to have only one h1 tag and it would be the discussion.

Do you know how I could do it ?
Thanks.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

@jackmaessen dijo:
    in plugins/editor open file class.editor.plugin.php and comment out the heading1:

protected function getfontFormatOptions() {

// Stuff like 'heading1' is the editor-action.
            $fontFormatOptions = array(
            /* 'heading1' => array(
                'text' => sprintf(t('Heading %s'), 1),
                'command' => 'formatBlock',
                'value' => 'h1',
                'class' => 'post-font-size-h1',
                'sort' => 100
             ),*/

I will have to do this in every update of vanilla code. Thanks.

• Options

That's why I'd rather do it like this:

a.editor-action-heading1, a.editor-action-heading2 {
      display: none;
    }

• Options

I agree, that's the more proper method

• Options

@steam said:
    Hi,
    I would remove the possibility of putting h1 in the default vanill editor to write messages.
    Because for SEO the page has to have only one h1 tag and it would be the discussion.

Wrong. The significance of heading tags use an order has diminished to almost nothing in term of SEO, this kind of SEO is largely redundant.

It is also a myth that you could only have one h1 tag.

grep is your friend.

• Options

@x00 dijo:

@steam said:
    Hi,

Wrong. The significance of heading tags use an order has diminished to almost nothing in term of SEO, this kind of SEO is largely redundant.

It is also a myth that you could only have one h1 tag.

It is recommended to have only one h1. The SEO is changing and look for the content and keywords.
    Another option, why not have the h2, h3 styled to bigger letter ?

• Options

Again this recommendation is not important. As long as you don't have many h1 loaded with site keywords in a spammy way, but that is true of any content.

http://hub.uberflip.com/h/i/8045829-5-seo-myths-you-don-t-need-to-worry-about

grep is your friend.

• Options

Ever heard of data training? Search engines aren't as dumb as people think. They have a huge amount of data to train with. Especially with common pattern, it is goign to make much difference that you have more than one header tag. They can work out significance. The number isn't going to throw them.

There is no interest in search engines penalising sites which are relevant, after all they are trying to generate relevant searches. They don't want to encourage the type of result which can be influenced by tricks.

Also the amount of significance the header tag have anyway isn't all that much. Also if you have no header tag at all but some other form if title the difference is not the great. Just heading tag are generally good for accessibility.

People put far to much significance on small fry stuff like this. It is goign to be negligible at best. if you really want to influence, then influence behaviour that generates good content.

grep is your friend.

• Options

@x00 dijo:
    spammy way

It's other side.

• Options

@Bleistivt dijo:

That's why I'd rather do it like this:

a.editor-action-heading1, a.editor-action-heading2 {
      display: none;
    }

I was put your solution in custom.css and not working I think something is missing.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Ever heard of data training?

LMFAO !!!!! good one !!