HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla is proud to present version 2.2

2»

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2015

@CrazyLemon said:

P.s. Did anyone upgrade on PHP 5.3? Is there a checkbox in the dashboard do disable file uploads? Or is that only possible by editing config.php?

for options in dashboard.

you would need to enable either advanced editor or fileupload plugin.

if you enable file upload plugin - you may have more control on uploads and downloads permissions in roles.

with advanced editor there is not as much control via dashboard for both uploads and downloads. Advanced editor is not as fine-grained in this regard.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited November 2015

I only have editor (advanced editor) enabled and i saw 2 entries in config.php.
    Even tho there is no file upload directory in plugins/ there is an entry $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['FileUpload'] = false;
    The one i changed was $Configuration['Garden']['AllowFileUploads'] = false; (default is true) which then affects advanced editor (no more upload image button).

• Using Advanced Editor, WYSIWYG mode ... the 'Quote' button now strips out all BR tags and the link to the person that said the last thing, in the new quote.

Fixable?

• @Simeon_Griggs said:
    Using Advanced Editor, WYSIWYG mode ... the 'Quote' button now strips out all BR tags and the link to the person that said the last thing, in the new quote.

Fixable?

...actually this appears to only relate to pre-upgrade posts

• XfronterXfronter New
    edited December 2015

Failure

The update was not successful.

:(

My Current Vesion - Version 2.1.11

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@Xfronter Try reading the original post in this discussion.

• RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    edited January 2016

I just upgraded from 2.0.18, the new forum looks sharp and works great with Bootstrap 2 theme.

• Hi there,

could someone point to the documentation regarding this one - "If you are using a locale, please note the naming standard changed in 2.2 so you MUST update your locales as well.". Or maybe someone knows, how it should be renamed? Thanks!

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Minde said:
    Hi there,

could someone point to the documentation regarding this one - "If you are using a locale, please note the naming standard changed in 2.2 so you MUST update your locales as well.". Or maybe someone knows, how it should be renamed? Thanks!

From what I can tell, they dropped the country code and extra folder. For example, instead of /locale/en-CA/definitions.php it is now /locale/en.php.

That said, I believe the line is telling developers that locales need to be updated as the crawling just spits out a notice on the current version of Vanilla.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Hello is this something to do with this update I been using Vanilla Forums with namecheap since the 1,0 update and after reinstalling my forums I'm now getting this error \/
    https://vanillaforums.org/discussion/31766/cant-get-in#latest