Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Debug and need advice.

maxyaegermaxyaeger New
edited April 2016 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Ok after migrating my forum (mybb) and installed/trimmed down my selected plugins i enabled the debug option to see if there are any errors before i fully lunch my site.

$Configuration['Debug'] = true;

I got these:

Debug Trace
Notice AssetModel::CssPath() with direct paths is deprecated. in /home/max/public_html/library/core/functions.general.php line 911
Notice AssetModel::CssPath() with direct paths is deprecated. in /home/max/public_html/library/core/functions.general.php line 911

And this is the code at line 911 ** trigger_error($message, E_USER_DEPRECATED);** Is this normal ? Or it's just me, any advice how to fix it?

Oh another thing the option to confirm by e-mail when you register is NOT working, i've seen another thread with similar error and case ( he also migrated from another forum soft). The error is "Something has gone wrong." and Yes i can manually add/edit/modify user just the confirm by email not working.

and another favor please can you kindly check my plugins which plugin is quite heavy and not recommended for shared hosting, my site got suspended even its just me alone for ENTRY PROCESS. I don't know where is it coming from.

Thank you very much and much!

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

You can safely ignore those notices.

• maxyaegermaxyaeger New
    edited April 2016

Thank you!

I've check some of my discussion and woah i got lots of debug errors:

preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/max/public_html/library/core/class.format.php line 281

preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/max/public_html/library/core/class.format.php line 284

i got tons of it & this only shows on my old posts or discussion that came from mybb forum. I tried copying the class.format.php from here https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/blob/e56b12ce0ff4c96743ac52247ef1baf67b91d244/library/core/class.format.php#L1193-L1435 but no luck it didnt work page became blank / white so i restored the old file.

• maxyaegermaxyaeger New
    edited April 2016

Hello guys, can someone point me which is responsibel for this? Some of my discussion loads 10+ Seconds due to query below:

LogModel->getCountWhere(array('Operation' => array('0' => 'moderate'))) slave 6.795662s
    select count(l.LogID) as CountLogID
    from GDN_Log l
    where Operation in ('moderate');

Things: i did and i dont know if this affects it. I changed my system or root username.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

You could probably just truncate the GDN_Log table if you don't have anything of value in your change log, spam queue, or moderation queue.

• when you truncate will it recover the table structure afterwards?

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited April 2016

@maxyaeger: The table "structure" won't be touched. That would be deleting it. Truncating is fine in this particular table.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • maxyaegermaxyaeger New
    edited April 2016

Hello, ive been having a high cpu usage i tried to enable admin mode to my forum and it droped to 0%. When forum is live on public even with only 1 entry process its cpu usage is upto 30-40% ! I checked the referrrer and all i can see is google bot.

90% of the referring url or google is searching is:

/settings/analyticstick.json

and a php link that i added on my theme tpl located on the footer, its a term of service link.

Is it safe to block this thru robots.txt or this is normal?