Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Forum appears to have been Hacked

In May 2015 I set up a Forum to used in conjunction with our Web Site http://seawardsquadron.org/

However I never progressed with the development of the Forum and left it dormant.

It would now seem that the Forum has been high-jacked and there are numerous posts which have no connection with our organisation. I fear that it is being used for some Spam activity as our email is DNSBL listed on spamhaus.org.

I have tried to access the Forum with what I think is correct admin account - but this is not recognised.

How can I regain access.

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited April 2016

First, try a password reset over email.

If that doesn't work, go to the database (commonly using phpMyAdmin). Find your owner admin account (sort by UserID and it'll be a very low number). Change the 'Password' field for that row to a new password, and 'HashMethod' to Text.

If you cannot find the owner admin account, create a new row. Add the Name, Email, Password & HashMethod (as above), and set the Admin and Verified fields to 1. If you plan to continue using the account, I also recommend adding a date to DateInserted.

You should now be able to login.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

If you need to make a new owner admin, I also recommend searching for any other users with Admin = 1 and deleting those accounts immediately if you do not have control over them. Otherwise the next utility/update may disable your admin status since you are not the lowest UserID "owner".