HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

It is OK to Post Vanilla Tutorials with Code Samples on My Forum KB Area?

I searched and read through the various terms but was not clear about this. I have a tech forum (I won't link to it as I don't know if that is allowed). With my forum, which is now Vanilla, I have a KB area. In that, I've started writing tutorials for Vanilla, along with the other tuts I have there for other scripts.

My tutorials contain code examples - before and after code for newbie clients that want to learn how to work with Vanilla, etc.

I then thought about the copyright and whether that would break any copyrighting terms. I can link an example tutorial if allowed.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Our docs & translations (locales) are licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0.

Our public code is under GPLv2.

For third-party code, you must see their license.

• I'll have to read those over a few times to ensure I follow the terms. Legal stuff always makes me go O.o . Appreciate the quick response though. Sorry for my late reply.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@data66 said:
    Legal stuff always makes me go O.o .

That's why I linked to the tl;dr versions. ;)

• Thanks, yeah I got it and believe I have it set up right now. Linked to the License, etc. No code is being downloaded, just small snippets. I believe it's conforming to the license. :)