Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Umm certain plugins just don't work

2»

Comments

• Options
    RiverRiver MVP
    edited August 2016

Caylus said:

@River said:
    Official means only that it is official, it does not imply that it works or that it is updated, sometimes the addons are abandoned in the add-on section and switched to github. Official implies nothing.

That's what I figured out by now :P I'm only saying that the wording "This product is maintained by the Vanilla Forums staff and core team" is a bit misleading. A wording like "This product was created by the Vanilla Forums staff and core team" would already be a vast improvement IMHO, since it doesn't imply it's mantained.

excellent idea.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• Options
    RiverRiver MVP
    edited August 2016

whats the problem with updating addons? ALL staff addons updated here: https://vanillaforums.org/addons

the old versions are broken, so why worry if the new versions are broken or untested with stable vanilla, at least they are up to date that way.

Pragmatism is all I have to offer. Avoiding the sidelines and providing centerline pro-tips.

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited August 2016

@River said:
    Official means only that it is official, it does not imply that it works or that it is updated, sometimes the addons are abandoned in the add-on section and switched to github. Official implies nothing.

That's straight-up false. It means we fix issues in the addons and we do our best to keep it updated in the directory. It also means it's been security audited by someone who has a clue what they're doing and probably scales well too. I've also mentioned on this site many times that if you see an out-of-date version in the directory vs what is in the repo you can report it to us and we'll fix it.

• Options
    RiverRiver MVP
    edited August 2016

I've also mentioned on this site many times that if you see an out-of-date version in the directory vs what is in the repo you can report it to us and we'll fix it.

the first three I looked at are out of date and many of them are out of date, more to come.

fileupload.
    feed discussions
    voting

• Options

• Options

multilingual - out of date.

• Options

pockets

postcount

out of date

• Options

• Options

example plugin. out of date.

• Options

signatures plugin - out of date.

• Options

role title plugin same version number in add-ons as in github version 1.0

but about 12 commits since version 1.0 (many are case related, but a few functional changes).

recommend version change first and then update add-ons

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Posting them as a stream-of-consciousness in someone else's discussion might not have been the communication strategy I recommended.