Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Search criteria...options

troppmanntroppmann New
edited October 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
In the previous version of Vanilla you could search 'topic, comments, user'...in this latest version when using the search box the results arent so well defined...

So, any suggestions to get this back to a more narrow search pattern? I have moderators who would like to be able search on those criteria.

thank you for any suggestions...
Tagged:

Answers

• anyone?
  • I'd love to help but I'm not sure. I think I started using Vanilla after they moved to the current implementation. There are reasons and trade-offs for what they did.

There are plugins here on the site that offer google search results instead of the built in search. Granted, those aren't filtered to a certain category and are limited to what is publicly readable, but they may be more performant/accurate.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    We will be putting a more advanced interface into search, but it won't be for a while.
  • Thank you!
  • @Todd said:
    We will be putting a more advanced interface into search, but it won't be for a while.

Any news about this??