Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Categories In Sidebar

edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
... asked this a while back, just wondering if anything had ever come of it??

Comments

• Care to refresh us?
  • ithcyithcy New
    edited August 2006
    done http://lussumo.com/addons/index.php?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=132
  • Cheers for saving me a job now i finished my first extension ithcy :D
  • Thank you!
  • damn fine itchy, thanks! :)
  • With this extension enabled, when I sign out I get this at the top of my forum, Notice: Undefined index: Blocked in /home/hudson/misc/dcb8www/public_html/forum/extensions/PanelCategories/default.php on line 27 Notice: Undefined index: Blocked in /home/hudson/misc/dcb8www/public_html/forum/extensions/PanelCategories/default.php on line 27 Notice: Undefined index: Blocked in /home/hudson/misc/dcb8www/public_html/forum/extensions/PanelCategories/default.php on line 27 Notice: Undefined index: Blocked in /home/hudson/misc/dcb8www/public_html/forum/extensions/PanelCategories/default.php on line 27 Notice: Undefined index: Blocked in /home/hudson/misc/dcb8www/public_html/forum/extensions/PanelCategories/default.php on line 27 Notice: Undefined index: Blocked in /home/hudson/misc/dcb8www/public_html/forum/extensions/PanelCategories/default.php on line 27 Notice: Undefined index: Blocked in /home/hudson/misc/dcb8www/public_html/forum/extensions/PanelCategories/default.php on line 27 Notice: Undefined index: Blocked in /home/hudson/misc/dcb8www/public_html/forum/extensions/PanelCategories/default.php on line 27 Thought I'd let you know. Alex
  • hmm... that's strange. is your forum public? on what page does this happen?
  • I have the same problem. It doesn't happen when I'm logged in. It happens when I go to my test forum and am not logged in. It only seems to happen on the Discussions tab and on any Page tab I created in PageManager. I am testing locally.
  • so non-members can browse your forum?
  • nevermind... fixed the problem. you can grab the new source file from the addon page.
  • Thank you. That did the trick.
  • great. if anyone has a better idea for how the HTML output or CSS should be formatted in this extension, let me know. i'm all ears.
  • Hey Ithcy,

great extensions, but it just works if i am on the startingpage.
    If i'm on http://www.xy.de/board/discussions/ and then click on a new category it links me to http://www.xy.de/board/discussions/3/ , which just shows site three of the discussions site.

Would be nice if you can fix the Bug.

Greez
  • pbearpbear New
    edited August 2006
    if anyone has a better idea for how the HTML output or CSS should be formatted in this extension, let me know. i'm all ears.

Here's some revisions for the Panel Categories (0.1) extension.

I replaced the appropriate section with the following. Modeled after Legends. It gets rid of the enclosing ul/li and now includes (!) the PanelCategory id, and a few other hooks:
    $PanelCategoryList = "\n\t<h2>" . $Context->GetDefinition('CategoryList') . "</h2>\n\t\t<ul id=\"PanelCategories\">\n"; $CategoryManager = $Context->ObjectFactory->NewContextObject($Context, 'CategoryManager'); $CategoryData = $CategoryManager->GetCategories(0, 1); while ($Row = $Context->Database->GetRow($CategoryData)) { $thisURL = ""; if (!isset($Row['Blocked']) || $Row['Blocked'] == 0) { if ($Context->Configuration['URL_BUILDING_METHOD'] == 'mod_rewrite') { $thisURL = $Context->Configuration['WEB_ROOT']. ($Row['CategoryID'] > 0) ? $Row['CategoryID'] . '/' : 'discussions/'; } else { $thisURL = $Context->Configuration['WEB_ROOT']. ($Row['CategoryID'] > 0) ? '?CategoryID=' . $Row['CategoryID'] : ''; } $PanelCategoryList .= "\t\t\t<li class=\"PanelCatName\"><a href=\"$thisURL\">{$Row['Name']}</a></li>\n"; if ($ShowCatDescriptions) { $PanelCategoryList .= "\t\t\t<li class=\"PanelCatList\">" . nicetrim($Row['Description'], $MaxDescriptionLength) . "</li>\n"; } } } $PanelCategoryList .= "\t\t</ul>\n"; return $PanelCategoryList; }

Here's the CSS. I wanted to remove some of the !importants but it doesn't want to work (?). This imitates the default vanilla.css for Categories. Probably could be condensed a bit more (i.e. do I need the PanelCatName class?). This works in Firefox 1.5:
    #PanelCategories { margin:-3px 0 0 0 !important; width:180px; list-style:none; background:#f5f9ff; } #PanelCategories li { margin:0px !important; font-size:11px !important; color:#3354aa; } .PanelCatName { margin-left:5px !important; padding:3px 5px 1px 5px !important; font-weight:bold; } .PanelCatList { margin-left:10px !important; padding:0px 5px 3px 5px !important; font-size:10px !important; color:#062971 !important; border-bottom:1px solid #ccc; } .PanelCatName a { color: #3354aa !important; text-decoration: underline !important; } .PanelCatName a:hover { text-decoration:none !important; }

Do I understand the code that this extension never bothers to show blocked categories in the side (if so, I agree with the decision) ? Just there's no CSS for "blocked".

So give 'er a spin and someone update it if it works right. :)

Edit: picture!

• awesome. thanks pbear! i'll update the extension.

xandi, i'll take a look at that bug too.
  • Yay! Someone test it in IE6 too. I'm not sure if the "width:180px" will mess it up (it might not be needed).
  • ok, add-on is updated. looks great in firefox 1.5 and ie6. thanks again pbear!

xandi, i don't have friendly urls installed so it's hard for me to track that bug. i don't see why it should be doing that. i'll keep looking, though.
    anybody with mod_rewrite and friendly urls care to take a look?
  • @Xandi: You have to add some rules to the .htaccess file. Check this post: http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/2803/search-engine-friendly-urls-breaks-extension-manager/#Item_10
  • Hi,

Thanks for the fast support. I tested the new .htaccess file, but it didn't work either. I seems to me that it just add the new things of the link to the old link
    if i am on http://www.xy.de/board/1 and click on the category 2 the link is http://www.xy.de/board/1/2/.
    Then there is the second page of category 1.

hmm don't know why, but its suck =)
    @pbear: nice css!
This discussion has been closed.