Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

VaneaBlack 1.1

Comments

• Indeed, absolutely lovely, the best style I've seen so far and even manages to (maybe) go one better than the default and the Soulscape themes (although only just ;p). But still, incredible.
  • Just noticed one small bug btw, it doesn't highlight unread topics in a different colour ;o
  • Yup. Any idea how i can fix it?
  • Now that's easily the best we've had yet.
  • edited September 2006
    The unread comments colour is my only niggle, other than that it's amazing! I've just set it as the default theme on the forum I manage :)

Alex
  • ithcyithcy New
    edited September 2006
    yeah, the unread comments needs a touch of highlighting. but this is the best style ever.
  • The bug was fixed. I just updated the file. Enjoy it!
  • Many thanks, but it seems that even with the new version it's not showing the new comments :(
  • unread comments? new comments? ... oh, I missed it. OK, also done. And the file was updated.
  • Looks like the OS design Transperentia. Great work.
  • blizeHblizeH ✭✭
    edited September 2006
    Utterly fantastic, thank you! It's going to take something very special to top these style imho, there are only two very small niggles I have with it (and one's self induced, and the other's just a matter of personal preferance!) and it's about as close to perfect for me as you could get. <3 // edit - Wait a minute! It still hasn't updated! Haha.
  • there are some strange issues with the panel. list items are indented but not padded so the second line of text goes all the way to the left edge. i made some replacement css for the panel section if anyone wants to try it.
    /* Panel */ #Panel { float: left; width: 195px; padding: 10px 15px 0 20px; background: url(panel_fadetop.png) right top no-repeat; } #Panel a:hover { text-decoration: underline;} #Panel h1 { height: 26px; line-height: 26px; border: 1px solid #E5E5E5; border-top: 0; Xborder-top: 1px solid #E5E5E5; background: url(bgfade.png); text-align: center; font-size: 14px; font-weight: bold; } #Panel h1 a { padding-left: 18px; background: url(panel_h1_pen.gif) left top no-repeat; color: #D34141; } #Panel h2 { margin: 0; margin-top: 10px; background: url(bgfade.png) #fafafa top left repeat-x; font-size: 12px; line-height:18px; font-weight: bold; } #Panel ul { list-style: none; margin: 0; margin-top: 10px; border: 1px solid #E5E5E5; } #Panel ul li ul { border: 0; } #Panel ul li { width: 185px !important; padding: 0; margin: 0; border-top: 1px solid #E5E5E5; background: #FBFBFB; color: #666; line-height: 18px; width: 193px !important; } #Panel ul li a { color: #666; } #Panel ul li h2 { width: 183px !important; margin: 0 -5px 0 -0px; padding: 0 5px 0 5px; border: 0; } #Panel ul li ul { margin: 0; } #Panel ul li ul li { padding: 2px 5px 2px 5px; width: 183px !important; } #Panel p { width: 195px; text-align: center; } #AboutVanilla { padding: 3px 0px; border-top: 1px solid #EEE; background: #FAFAFA; color: #BBB; } #AboutVanilla a { color: #C5C5C5; text-decoration:none; } #AboutVanilla a:hover { color: #AAA; text-decoration:underline; }
  • Sorry for being a pain, but how do I make it so whispers are displayed in different colours? Cheers
  • Ahh, sorry! :(

For some reason it's still not showing new comments properly either for me, for example:

Unfortunately does that in IE/FF/Opera :(
  • This theme does not seem to work in Safari: the tabs seem to be out of place for me - they appear INSIDE the white discussion list, instead of over it. It also does not seem to work with the 'legend' extension - check the large screenshot from the download page.
  • Bumpedy bump bump!
  • There is a problem with the tabs. I am running an 800x600 screen. If you are using the page manager extension and have added 2 or more pages, it will kick the last tab to a second line, and totally f up the layout. its somewhat annoying, but i worked around it by eliminating some of my tabs. The nav bar is over the main body, but not over the side panel. It needs to be put over everything if you want more pages in your top nav.
  • Bumpedy bump bump!
  • Why the bumping.
  • Sorry, so busy these days.

Really many problems to solve... The new version was just uploaded.

blizeH: maybe the new version is that you want.

icouto: sorry, I haven't tested in Safari, so I can't fix the bug so far.
    It works with "legend" extention now.

garvin, to solve this problem, please edit the vanilla.css:
    search "#Header ul" , change "margin-left: 240px" to "margin-left: 0" or the other number
This discussion has been closed.