Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

VaneaBlack 1.1

Comments

• Awesome. Looks great. Thanks Camie.
  • Most excellent, thank you!
  • edited October 2006
    imho, VaneaBlack is the best Vanilla style ;) Look at these pictures (total: ~ 24kb): _http://nordelius.net.ru/i/vanea-start-discussion.png _http://nordelius.net.ru/i/vanea-preview-comment.png ... see what happens when Preview Post v2.1 extension is enabled ... I'm using VaneaBlack v1.2.1, Vanilla v1.0.1.. Tested in Opera v9.02, Mozilla v1.5.0.7, Internet Explorer 6.0.SP2. Hm.. see, there's number "0" displayed when discussion topic text is deleted and no comments posted ;)
  • could somebody help me with this little css problem. I´m running vanilla 1.0.1 (MultiRoles 1.0, Attachments 2.0, InlineImages 1.0, DiscussionOverview 1.0) How to get rid of the scrollbars? Please look at the following screenshots: Firefox: http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6844/vaneablackfirefoxus2.png IE6: http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/623/vaneablackie6nz0.png
  • u will have to use overflow:hidden
  • edited October 2006
    I have one problem with the Page Management extension in that the Page HTML field is only 2 lines long. This makes it difficult to edit a lengthy bit of html I have for my page. How would I enlarge this field to about 10 lines?
  • New version was updated.
    I fix some small bugs.
  • I updated my forum with the latest version and have a question. I now see 2 icons for a discussion: the icon_discussion and the icon_red. What does the icon_red indicate?
  • the unread discussions
  • edited October 2006
    Just thinking out loud concerning usability and how a visitor and a registered user will interpret the 2 icons --- What do both icons refer to? Is the first one the discussion itself?
    Sorry if this appears to be a dumb question but I think that having 2 icons is confusing.

Edit: I noticed that if you change the icon_sticky to add the 5px like the other icons, it displays better.

Another edit (as I test): If you remove the background display of the icon_discussion in the #Discussion css and then add ".NewComments" in front of the ".DiscussionTopic" where the icon_red is displayed, you seem to get a better display of the icons for a user. That is, when you are logged in, you will see the 2 icons display if there is an un-read comment. Then when you read it, you will only see the discussion icon.
    Visitors to the forum will still see both icons which I think is okay.
  • Anyway to make it so that whispers are a different colour please?
  • You'll have to edit the vanilla.css and search for whisper. You'll find the following which you can change.

.WhisperFrom {
    background-color:#fefceb;
    }
    .WhisperTo {
    background-color:#feebfa;
    }
  • VaneaBlack is possibly my fave template for vanilla awesome.
  • I like it a lot, too. Except, now I have my christmas theme for the holidays.
  • Thanks for the reply jimw, I've got that but for some reason they're still both showing up as white? :(
  • Did you do a hard refresh in your browser after you made the change (CTRL-F5)?
  • No need to make the change, that code is already in there! :-)
  • Jim, couldn't see your theme on any of your blogging sites. BTW, i think you maybe signe dup ffor my blog when i was creating it a month or two ago. I installed the database about 3 or 4 times, during my efforts.....so anyone (2 or 3 people) who earlier signed up was lost. You're most welcome if you ever want to take part. Tho I am close to kicking wordpress into touch and just using vanilla for my site. I think blogs are a fad. I'd welcome that blog look for my homepage ie cool if someone created an add-on for vanilla that enabled a blog type homepage.
  • Sorry, I'm doing too many things. Can you give me a link to your site?
  • strawberries: It's on my forum.
This discussion has been closed.