Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

The official I hate PCs discussion

Comments

• Lemming: Hey I bought Vista, got in the queue for 3 hours, got my copy, yeehah.

Later when he got home and installed it...
    Lemming: Hmmm, that was a little more compelkated than I thought but WOW it looks cool.

Later still when he realised...
    Lemming: What? Vista automatically zaps my valid license of XP so I can't use it on my other older PC?

The PC Mentality kicks in...
    Lemming: Oh well, I guess Lord Gates knows what he's doing. Hail Microsoft, hail Vista, hail Lord Gates.

And the story continues, and you thought the Star Wars saga was an epic...

Posted: Tuesday, 6 February 2007 at 1:27PM (AEDT)

• Meanwhile Apple fails to get one piece of software ready for an OS that was announced five years ago. Congs!
  • Isn't this a bit of a problem with the US ads as well? You have bland hipster vs. really funny and clever guy.
  • Except that the dude playing the PC in the US ones is actually a Mac user himself.....
  • *wack*
    neigh

*wack*

*wack*

*wack*

*wack*

*wack*

*wack*

Hey let's beat that dead horse again!

*wack*

*wack*

*wack*

Seriously guys, we've gone through 8+ pages of this and the only thing that's been done is tick people off. /me thinks it's apt time for a sink.
  • Please don't, this discussion may be pure crap, but I'm having a lot of fun reading it each time someone feels the unstoppable need to add a pointless comment (just like I did). And if you come back to the very first comment, well...

Post your bigotry here so it does not clutter up anymore posts. Seriously. I swear, if I see one more post go astray with rantings on Macs (or even PCs for that matter) I am going to... I don't even know, I have just had it. So please, post it here so those of us that wish, can just ignore it.

This is a wonderful self-moderation tool.
  • If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that "says something" about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality. A mental illness, maybe - but not a personality.

That is very accurate actually. Pretty funny article it has to be said. Accurate? Nt really, but certainly funny.

And SirNot, that nearly got me into trouble for LOLing in an open plan office =D
  • You can't sink this. It's too funny! I love seeing certain people put themselves in a corner, then use the exact logic they're claiming is "PC Mentality" to get themselves out of it.
  • Quote: Lotsa peeples
    picBeat dead horse, Microsoft is good, Apple is bad, Wanderer is a wanker, no logic, technical this, technical that, this discussion pisses me orf...pic
    Yet they all accept Microsoft doing shitty things without protest like actually killing their valid XP License.
    Lemmings, morons and mindless PC Mentals!
    Yes shut down this discussion, sink it, bury heads in the sand, ain't gonna change nuffin, what it is, is what it is.

Posted: Wednesday, 7 February 2007 at 7:22AM (AEDT)

• wanderer, take a good step back, shed yourself of your apple hubris, and look at this discussion, as a whole, objectively. so far, it can be summed up as follows:for(;;) { one side: ms bad, apple good! other side: no, ms good, apple bad! }now, does that look very productive to you? me neither. this is going nowhere, and only getting people riled up. resent it as you may, this discussion is practically a textbook example of the phrase 'to beat a dead horse.'
  • Yet they all accept Apple doing shitty things without protest like actually charging them to unlock a feature on a product they've already paid for.
    Lemmings, morons and mindless Apple Mentals!
    Yes shut down this discussion, sink it, bury heads in the sand, ain't gonna change nuffin, what it is, is what it is.

It works both ways Wanderer.

Apple and Microsoft are both big companies that use a monopoly power.

SirNot: Lets be fair, I've said many times that I'm not against Apple. I'm not alone in having expressed that point. I've only ever rallied against being called a mindless "Zombie" and having a "PC Mentality".

I think a fairer way would be:
    for(;;) { one side: ms bad, apple good! other side: no, ms good, apple bad! another side: no, both are shit! Zealots are the worst though. }
  • ignores {...} shit

If you accept having a valid license which you paid good money for taken off you just "because" then you are a mindless zombie!

Ain't no question about it!

What if you went and bought a new car, then they repossessed your old one (which you wanted to give to your daughter), just "because"?

I don't believe the PC Mentality is so ingrained in you people, you're brainwashed completely.

I'm an idiot for actually discussing this issue halfwit chumps! (It's fun though.)

Posted: Wednesday, 7 February 2007 at 9:10AM (AEDT)

• Quote: giginger
    picIt works both ways Wanderer.
    Apple and Microsoft are both big companies that use a monopoly power.pic
    Two (2) companies in the same field, by definition, is not a monopoly!
    Doesn't work both ways from where I sit.
    When I bought OS X, my old copy of OS 9 wasn't disabled!
    My wife is still using it on an old G3 Clamshell!

Posted: Wednesday, 7 February 2007 at 9:16AM (AEDT)

• Theyre not in the same field though, Apple are in the field of producing good hardware/software, and Microsoft are in the field of producing utter junk. They each have a monopoly of their own.
  • Quote: Minisweeper
    picTheyre not in the same field though, Apple are in the field of producing good hardware/software, and Microsoft are in the field of producing utter junk. They each have a monopoly of their own.pic
    pic Well said! I bow to your statement! pic
    I just read about Microsoft offering big bucks to have Wikipedia articles edited in their favour. Do they have no ethics at all? It doesn't matter though, the lemming throngs will accept, defend, understand, continue to follow blindly, believe all they're told.
      pic
     Hasta la vista!

Posted: Wednesday, 7 February 2007 at 10:40AM (AEDT)

• I just wet my pants watching this, I'll be back with clean underwear. pic

Posted: Wednesday, 7 February 2007 at 12:01PM (AEDT)

• Lmao
  • Funny? Yes. Truthful? No. It's an exaggeration at best. Windows is far from perfect and so is OSX. I wonder how it would fare if apple had to create it to work on as many machines as windows. I think we'd really see the true measure of it then. The main problem i have is that you're not comparing like with like. At a glance they're doing the same thing but look at it properly and you've got two try different companies. I'm not a fan of either but i know which one i prefer. At the end of the day it's a choice and i'm happy with my choice. I don't have any problems with my computer and it's got a good few years left in it. I'm not going to upgrade to Vista because i don't need to. If i can afford it i'll get myself a Macbook pro but i'm not rushing as it's not important. If you'd only stop saying all Windows users were zombies people would be a lot more accepting of your comments. As it is you're just spout rubbish and conjecture to try and give the impression that you're better than others because of your choice. You're not. If anything you're worse than others because you seem to think your choice makes you cool.
  • 3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited February 2007
    Another thing is, the whole Apple marketing machine is a million times slicker than Microsoft's.
This discussion has been closed.