Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Mac OS X Leopard

Comments

• Anyone got it running yet then? Won't have it for a week or two at work... and don't have Oink to download it on at home now either...
  • Oink is dead anyway the admin was caught and now the users will face the music
  • I'm not going to put it on my PowerBook G4, waiting for my new MacBook Pro.

A few friends have it running and they say it's great.

One (a female) complained the new folder icons were too drab and the sidebar is too gray!

I'm going to a mate's house later to have a play. (Can't say I ever heard of Oink, apparently Limewire already has it.)

Posted: Saturday, 27 October 2007 at 9:42AM

• To be honest I cant see them targetting all the oink users - piracy is a bit like drug trafficking - they go for the big guns to try and topple it from the top which will starve the users anyway (ironically drug trafficking in this country is probably at the highest ever and i doubt piracy is much different) I'm hoping my mate at work is gonna have the disk by monday so I'll install it then!
  • Does MySql and Php work out of the box,
    Can Xcode bebug php
  • Minisweeper, the RIAA did this to a humble user recently...

DULUTH, Minnesota -- Jammie Thomas, a single mother of two, was found liable for copyright infringement in the nation's first file-sharing case to go before a jury.

Twelve jurors here said the Minnesota woman must pay $9,250 for each of 24 shared songs that were the subject of the lawsuit, amounting to $222,000 in penalties.

Ouch!

Posted: Sunday, 28 October 2007 at 9:47AM

• Yeah and for the one that got caught how many got away? I'm not saying it's right or they'll never catch us but it's a big battle...
  • http://www.thinkmac.co.uk/blog/2007/10/leopard-stupidity.html
  • Some valid points there but not having played with the big cat myself yet I will reserve my opinion.

I'd bet however, that some issues will be addressed very shortly.

There's already a hack to remove the dock reflection as well as the menubar translucency.
  • edited October 2007
    extremely detailed Ars Technica review of Leopard
    Thrashed Leopards Folders, Dock and Menu. Haven't completely finished reading it
  • edited October 2007
    More thrashing of Leopard Look part of Look and Feel By IndieHIG
    I agree with them on this one. This blog deals ONLY with Human Iterface Guidelines of different OSes. iT isn't a biased personal opinion but real HIG issues where Apple didn't follow its OWN HIG guidelines.

Anticipating real good sales of CandyBar and Pixadex
  • I'm up and running on Leopard now and I must say that although I'm not really too bothered and I dont want to get all anal about it, I preferred the visual appearance of tiger.
  • dan39dan39 New
    edited October 2007
    Me too. I'm not loving the folder icons, or the way the side-dock looks too dark. The web widgets are still my favorite thing. I just can't decide what to widgetize.
  • dan39dan39 New
    edited October 2007
    This is priceless. Just found this icon in Leopard for "Generic PCs" in the Finder.

• Not sure what's worse, the message on the screen or the design of the beige monstrosity itself! image
  • Presuming you're not retarded enough to have completely forgotten that mac's started off being ugly and beige, I guess you'd have to vote for the message on the screen.
  • The point is mate, Macs (no need for the apostrophe, so who is retarded?) left beige behind many years ago. They also left a lot more behind including Windblows and hardware still stuck in the 80s both style and design wise.

Posted: Tuesday, 30 October 2007 at 9:27PM

• Many months later and it's still the same bullshit ::sighs::
  • "bullshit" ?
    Look at all the switchers mate! What the hell does it take to make a point around here?
    I simply made a humorous reply to someone else's funny comment and I get hit with "retarded" and "bullshit"?
    In my experience, people this touchy have issues they need to deal with!

Posted: Wednesday, 31 October 2007 at 6:23AM

This discussion has been closed.