Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Settings.php 404 Error

edited December 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Fresh install of 1.1.5a went fine - until I click on Application Settings in option. (permissions CHMOD set on /conf and other 755 on folders as instructed) Help? Setup on http://RickButtsMastermind.com/magic/

Returns 404 with this message:

You don't have permission to access /magic/settings.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.10 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.10 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at rickbuttsmastermind.com Port 80

Comments

• Options
    I guess Safe Mode is on.... Before install, you need add htaccess or ask hosting server. Im my situation, I added htaccess and then I was able to install and change it.
  • Options
    Thanks eijila, I ended up hiring someone on Rentacoder for $25 to install it and 3 plugins. If I could just get someone to tell me how to USE the Add Member and Category Roles now? Can't find a single link on the admin control panel. Rick Butts
This discussion has been closed.