Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Create database - extended vanilla 2 install

edited January 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hi there,

I just read the extended install vanilla 2 and I really appreciate it.

I have a small problem though.

Could you please guide me in some way on what you mean by creating a database? I know it has something to do with SQL, but where and what's the easiest way to create it? Hope you can help me?

And what to you mean by opening the install in my browser?

Thanks

Comments

• You create a database generally through PHPMyAdmin likely on a local install (such as on your computer, for development). Or if you are trying to install on your webhost then you would likely create your database in cPanel or something similar which would already be available to you from the host. If trying to install it on your host, you can probably ask them how to create a database through support or their help documentation.

As to opening the install in your browser, you would open your browser and type in the URL to where Vanilla is installed.
  • Thanks alot for the reply.

I just figured out that I already have a database on my host, so that's great.

But as I'm trying to open the install I have a problem. I try to connect to the folder like this

ftp."mywebsite".com/forum/

The folder forum is where I've uploaded all the files of "Garden"... as I press enter my browser just opens the folder...!?!?

I'm using Mac and safari by the way.. maybe that has something to do with it?
  • Just type in the URL as you would normally. You don't need to use ftp://, you would use http://www.yourwebsite.com/forum/.
  • Hah... thanks alot... I should have tried that but thanks alot mate