Current release is 2.1.6
(21 Nov 2014).
Users who have not yet upgraded to 2.1 should get security release 22.214.171.124
(1 Nov 2014). We will stop providing these security releases to 2.0 at the end of this year.
I am pleased to announce the Vanilla 2.0 Release Candidate 2.
About This Release
This version of the code has many minor fixes & improvements from the RC1 release. Obligatory Warning: Do not use on production systems
- PHP version 5.2.0 or newer
- MySQL version 5 or newer
- Apache version 2 or newer
- Unzip the package to the desired folder on your server.
- Create a database for Vanilla (named whatever you like).
- Browse to the folder in your web browser, and follow the instructions on-screen.
Troubleshooting the Vanilla 2 Installation
If you run into any issues during the installation, you may see the "Bonk" error screen. In order to get past this screen, you can remove the following line from your conf/config.php file:
$Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'error.master.php';
This will show you a more detailed screen of information about the actual problem you've encountered. Please include this information when reporting issues (copy & paste exact errors, please).
Upgrading RC1 Vanilla 2 Forums
- Sign into your existing forum with the user that has UserID = 1
- Back up your database.
- Back up all of your existing files.
- Unarchive the new files and copy them over your existing files. Make sure that your hidden files (ie .htaccess) are copied to your server.
- Navigate to the page in your forum that updates your database (this will not work if you did not sign in as UserID = 1): www.yourdomain.com/path/to/vanilla/utility/structure
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the button to run the update scripts
- Navigate to your forum and test away!
DO NOT REPORT ISSUES ON THE COMMUNITY FORUM
Please report all issues on the GitHub Issue Tracker
. Remember to do a quick search through the issues to make sure your issue has not already been added or resolved.
Where to Download
We have merged all of our RC2 changes into our master branch, and we have tagged the RC 2 release. You can browse the tagged release here:http://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/tree/Vanilla_2.0_rc2
And you can download the package here:http://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/zipball/Vanilla_2.0_rc2
0 · ·