Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Online demo

TiGRTiGR
edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Most people would like to see how Vanilla looks out of box, without installing it. It is normal to have demo with admin access in order to see test everything out before installing. Are you going to add such demo?

Comments

• TiGRTiGR
    edited July 2010
    @Mark, there is no demo, there is only free account which is very limited and does not show all features of Vanilla.

@Nimaveli, only partially. The problem is, that this forum is heavily modified Vanilla and users might get disappointed after they have looked at it here, downloaded it and then found out that there are lot of features missing in their installations and there is no way (currently) to do it as on vf.org.
  • @TiGR
    Why would they be dissapointed? Vanilla dev team already made it clear that they're going to release this theme + the plugins for everyone. So if anyone is looking for something that looks exactly like this they can just download it.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    edited July 2010
    What @Nimaveli said :)

A bunch of the features here aren't publicly released yet. You guys are our testbed before release. Once they're ready, they'll be available on VanillaForums.com as well.
  • @Mark
    When do you think these plugins will be released? I really can't wait to add that ''views/replies/followers'' bar and the voting system. Very neatly done :D
  • Back to the question of the demo.

@Mark, users in our days hate to register somewhere (I do as well), so if they have to register in order to see how dashboard looks like, they might stop at that point.

Also, okay, now I know that we can get a test-drive with registering free account at vf.com. But newcomers don't know about that. They might find your blog post, and very important thing that they'd like to see is "Where can I test it out?" and there is no answer. There are no links labeled as "demo" or something like that.

Why do I say all this - I've posted news article about the release on one of the largest russian IT community, there are currently few comments and 2 of them are about demo, and that was not me, who said about not willing to register just in order to see very limited demo.

And look at any other competitive product out there -they all have online demos for both site and admin.
  • edited July 2010
    I can't delete my comment. Is it feature of this forum?
  • Is there a admin demo anywhere?
  • I really like this forum software.. After so many days i found one which satisfies all my requirement
  • Please give link to admin demo :)

• edited September 2014

s

• Русификация есть у этого форума?

• test

• Test test test. Hi everybody!

• plcgabplcgab New
    edited September 2015

Test.
    Ciao a tutti.

• anotber test

• bice pic