Please upgrade to 2.1.x here.
The 2.0 branch is no longer being updated.
Important security fix: 2.1.10
, released 4 May.
Vanilla 2.0.13 has been released!This is a bugfix release for the SaveToConfig() issue in 2.0.12.
This discussion is related to the Vanilla
Vanilla 2.0.12 has been released!
- Fixed bug with SaveToConfig() where plugins could not be enabled through the interface.
This is primarily a feature release for Mobile, but also includes some minor bugfixes for issues in 2.0.11.
- Added default automatic support for Mobile themes for clients visiting from portable devices
- Fixed bug in Authentication where known authenticators could not be made default
- Fixed bug with deleted discussions where the page would not redirect after deletion
- Fixed bugs with embed vanilla
- Cleaned up HTML and CSS
- Added hooks for user registrations
- Imported some community pull requests
Keeping track of new releases
You can follow our releases by pointing your favorite RSS reader at:
This feed will automatically update whenever we release a new version of Vanilla Core.
Troubleshooting the Vanilla 2 Installation
If you run into any issues during the installation, you may see the "Bonk" error screen. In order to get past this screen, you can remove the following line from your conf/config.php file:
$Configuration['Garden']['Errors']['MasterView'] = 'error.master.php';
This will show you a more detailed screen of information about the actual problem you've encountered. Please include this information when reporting issues (copy & paste exact errors, please).
Upgrading Vanilla 2.0 Forums
- Sign into your existing forum with the user that was created when you FIRST INSTALLED Vanilla (the root admin user)
- Back up your database.
- Back up all of your existing files.
- Unarchive the new files and copy them over your existing files. Make sure that your hidden files (ie .htaccess) are copied to your server.
- Make sure the conf/config.php from your old version has been copied over to the new version.
- Delete all *.ini files in your cache/ folder
- Navigate to the page in your forum that updates your database (this will not work if you did not sign in as UserID = 1): www.yourforum.com/utility/structure
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the button to run the update scripts.
- Navigate to your forum and test away!
For more help with upgrading, check out the Upgrading Tips and Tricks
DO NOT REPORT ISSUES ON THE COMMUNITY FORUM
Please report all issues on the GitHub Issue Tracker
. Remember to do a quick search through the issues to make sure your issue has not already been added or resolved.
See the add on page for additional instructions.
2 · ·