Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

New premium themes

brujahbrujah
edited November 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
After a seemingly long absence, two new Vanilla themes pop up at Themeforest marketplace! These look really good, as I'm sure you'll agree.

Converse - a support theme
Sugar - vanilla premium theme

Both of these by BitGorilla. I'm picking up both of these to show support and encourage more quality Vanilla forum themes.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• 422422 Developer MVP
    I suggest you remove your referral link , that's a tad naughty.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• @422 ?

• 422422 Developer MVP
    He has added his referral link in his links above, I am a member of Envato.

Each time someone clicks his above link , and makes a purchase , he makes money. I disagree with this practice , on forums ... in fact we ban ppl for doing this on our communities. ( his ref link is at end of the url )

No offence Brujah, but I think a simple link to the themes is enough

• brujahbrujah
    edited November 2011
    I always include my tag and I don't see the harm. If you frequent the marketplace already anyway, it isn't going to count. I've had 7 Clickthroughs for the entire month of November. There were 5 of them before I even posted this thread.

I did the same thing here in May with no issues. You're the only one that seems to think it's a big deal currently. Btw, that link in May only brought 2 purchases for $3.90 credit to help me purchase Vanilla forum themes myself in support of Vanilla forum themers.
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/16045/fantastic-new-theme
  • 422422 Developer MVP
    edited November 2011
    Profiteering with referral links that generate any sort of income for you, i think is a no no in forum posts.
    Whilst i commend your efforts, perhaps no one else realised you were adding a commercial tracker to your links. I did , mainly because i am an authr on envato marketplaces and a featured author on envato notes.

I just think it shouldnt creep into what is essentilly a support forum, i know of no other form in the world that allows individual revenue generating links within any forum posts whatsoever.

We run approx eight forums , mainly vb and we do not tolerate referral trackers and revenue links ithin our communities.

But hey ho. As i said it isnt personal just i find it unethical.

• TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Answer ✓
    We're fine with it.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭
    Totally fine with it, thanks for pointing this out brujah! It's nice to see the selection grow.

Be looking for another theme to appear on the market soon, by the way...
  • brujahbrujah
    edited November 2011
    Just saw yours jspautsch, very nice. Show it off!
    http://themeforest.net/item/ozone-premium-vanilla-2-theme/
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Oh very nice!

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• My last link must've been incorrect. Trying this one again.
    http://themeforest.net/item/ozone-premium-vanilla-2-theme/796129
  • edited March 2012

i'm also fine with it. if it doesn't mar our own experience in any way, power to him.

edit: so sorry, i didn't realize i was necroposting. D:

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    edited June 2013

Hi all,

Just to make this thread resource complete, let us add - VanillaSkins.com < LINK - to the list, as it's the first premium theme site for Vanilla that existed.

Current themes are only $15, and there are some future releases planned for 2.1/2.2.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • freelancingcarefreelancingcare Dhaka, Bangladesh

Both is no longer available in themeforest marketplace.. anything wrong was happen!!!!

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@freelancingcare said:
    Both is no longer available in themeforest marketplace.. anything wrong was happen!!!!

3 years can do that. :D

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.