Fork me on GitHub
Current Releases are 2.1 stable (major release) and 2.0.18.11 (security patch for 2.0)
We've also rebooted our GitHub repo, docs, and more!

Two Questions: I can't move categories and users cannot see all categories once signed on.

edited December 2011 in Questions

Hello, I am brand new to Vanilla and to these help forums. I am used to phpBB but am using Vanilla because I needed the facebook connect option. So far, I LOVE what I see! But...

When I went to the help section to figure out how to move my categories, it said something like you just drag and drop them. This does not work for me.

So, I gave up and decided ENOUGH ALREADY with all the categories! I created two categories so no re-organizing required, and it just makes more sense anyway. But I would like the option if I change my mind!

Also, I signed into my vanilla forums using my son's facebook account. This worked and I could see both of my categories at first, but then when I clicked on a discussion, I could not get back to the screen where both categories were listed. He was stuck on that one discussion. Weird.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Best Answer

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
    Answer ✓

i had problems moving categories around in one of my test instances. it would throw and error when i moved something and usually nothing took.

I can't give you a simple answer, but it appeared to be a problem with my php install. i reinstalled everything clean and did not have the issue anymore.

TammieEarl

Answers