Fork me on GitHub
Current releases are 2.1.1 (2 Aug 2014) and 2.0.18.13 (5 Aug 2014)
Ready for 2.1? Find out if your favorite plugins are compatible.
The 2.0 branch will no longer receive updates after Dec 2014.

Two Questions: I can't move categories and users cannot see all categories once signed on.

edited December 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 Help

Hello, I am brand new to Vanilla and to these help forums. I am used to phpBB but am using Vanilla because I needed the facebook connect option. So far, I LOVE what I see! But...

When I went to the help section to figure out how to move my categories, it said something like you just drag and drop them. This does not work for me.

So, I gave up and decided ENOUGH ALREADY with all the categories! I created two categories so no re-organizing required, and it just makes more sense anyway. But I would like the option if I change my mind!

Also, I signed into my vanilla forums using my son's facebook account. This worked and I could see both of my categories at first, but then when I clicked on a discussion, I could not get back to the screen where both categories were listed. He was stuck on that one discussion. Weird.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Best Answer

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP
    Answer ✓

i had problems moving categories around in one of my test instances. it would throw and error when i moved something and usually nothing took.

I can't give you a simple answer, but it appeared to be a problem with my php install. i reinstalled everything clean and did not have the issue anymore.

TammieEarl

Answers