Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Support for Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Follow Us

Plugins are not working after upload

2»

Answers

• But isn't it bad that the program has to do that? I don't know what it all means. Also, I tried to link the old database to my new installation and now I'm getting the "bonk" message - forum not working. Ideas?

• dodgerid, I unzipped on my computer and uploaded the unzipped files. I've successfully uploaded vanilla plugins in the past and used them. My server just restored (again) my files from a backup and I'm going to try again tomorrow. but hey, thanks for the input - Got anymore suggestions?

• Hey 422, are you talking about the permission settings? because I have checked permissions and all are correct. My settings for folders are 755 and my settings for files are 644. Also, I uploaded the same way I've always uploaded, with filezilla. I don't know what way they use, but I haven't changed anything... Anymore ideas? I'm all eyes! lol

• hbfhbf wiki guy? MVP

Tammie, I tried to follow this thread but got lost.. I'm wondering a pretty basic question at this point. What plugins are you trying to upload that are not working?

Is anything working on your site at this point? Did you turn off the debugging plugin? So many questions come to mind... just trying to figure out the "state" of your install.

• hbf, The problem is, the plugins are uploading and when I go to my server control panel, they are there with the right permission settings. But when I go to my vanilla dashboard to enable them, they just will not show up. Two plugins I really need on this site are some sort of like function - I was using Kudos on my other forums and I think I may like that one, and file uploader. But I was going to put several more to make the forums more fun and functional. Yes, the site works. Here's the link to the forums: http://nolamil.com/forums we are able to use them I just can't enable new plugins. (I had my server reinstall to an older date.)

• I re-loaded kudos and file uploader today and they are not working. Question: when I extracted and then uploaded the files to my server, this is my file structure: public_html/nolamil/forums/plugins/kudos-plugin-3-0 (1)

then inside the kudos-plugin-3-0 (1) folder, i have this:

_macosx kudos

Then inside the kudos folder is the plugin. I moved the kudos folder up to here: public_html/nolamil/forums/plugins/kudos

and deleted that first folder: kudos-plugin-3-0 (1) and all it's contents.

This did nothing to help, but I'm wondering if I'm on the right track? I just don't know what else to do. It's super easy to delete and then re-load the plugins so I was thinking if I screw them up I can just re-do them.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... Moderator

TammieEarl

just to double check (I think case matters)

For kudos, in the folder

plugins

there should be the folder Kudos

in that there should be the folders design views

and two files

default.php KudosModel.php

• edited January 2012

Yes.
    Plugins/Kudos

Inside:
    design- a folder
    views- a folder
    default.php
    KudosModel.php

Moving this up a notch did not solve the problem. I will probably re-load but first I'm going to dump my explorer history - maybe it's there and I can't see it bc it's using an old version. BRB

• Dumped explorer history. Did nothing to help. Still need advice. THANK YOU.

• I JUST GOT KUDOS TO WORK!!!!! THANKS TO ALL!

The fix was to dump history, shut down computer, and start over.

• Whu, I did try that last night... I guess it was working once I moved the file, I just couldn't SEE the changes until I dumped history. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

• hbf, thank you! I will keep this in mind if I have any troubles. It wouldn't be too hard to delete them all and re-install but right now they seem to be working. I think I'll download the software though for future use. Might have been the reason the file structure was out of whack in the first place. is 7-zip free?

2»