Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Importing vanilla 1 to 2 problem

edited July 2012 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I'have a problem with the import tool : I start a thread here http://vanillaforums.com/discussion/521/cant-import-into-vanilla-forum but it was not the right place :-(

Doesn't anybody could help me?

Comments

• Options

I installed the vanilla2export.php tool, use it, save the export file as export.txt and it seems to me that it is a well formatted data file.

I give it to vanilla2 importer /dashboard/import choosing the export.txt file and I've got this f%*king message :
    "Warning: All data in this forum will be overwritten."
    (Oh, yes : that's exactly what I want :) )
    "The import file is not in the correct format."
    (So what? How should I format this file to give it 2 you?)

Any suggestion please, I'm going mad.

• Options

Ah ah ah! That was so crazy : You need to put the vanilla2export.php in a special folder in your old vanilla forum and set THIS FOLDER at 777, and THEN you'll see the apparition of a checkbox (onlythen :) ) to save the export on your web server and this file will be export_yourbase_txt.gz that you could then use, well formatted to import. Easy. Ah ah ah.