Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanillacons question

uziuzi
edited May 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
First big thanks to Jazzman, who made this awesome extension!

http://lussumo.com/addons/index.php?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=26

Now the question:

I have only one folder with Emoticons. Jazzman, can you add a feature that if there is only one folder, the folder change form is not displayed???

Comments

• Options
    uziuzi
    edited April 2006
    Second question:

where can I modify to display the smileys before the "Format comments as"?
  • Options
    edited April 2006
    Hello Uzi,

Tnx for the suggestions! I'll make these modifications in a new version! I'll post here when it's done.
  • Options
    OK, thank you! ;)
  • Options
    I've updated the Vanillacons version to 1.1

It includes a Firefox fix, because of the case-senstivity of an element id.
    Also, when only one smilie directory (category) is used, the selectbox won't appear.

I couldn't (easily) display the smilies before the "Format comment as", because it didn't have a delegation.

Remember to "Rebuild Vanillacons" when you install the new version!
  • Options
    hello jazzman, tnx for that great add-on... have a very small suggestion for the next (sub)version. it helped me a lot to display the smilies-names in the alt/title of the image. not very important, but useful in my opinion...
  • Options
    uziuzi
    edited May 2006
    Yeah Jazzman! It's beautiful now!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

:)

P.S. It would be great if you make something like that for bbcode tag-insertion.

See my thread http://lussumo.com/community/discussion/2056/bbcode-buttons-smileys/#Item_17
  • Options
    i wrote an extended function to insert the selected smilie at cursor position. can be downloaded as a .zip File or as a .js File.

it is not fully tested (probably works). feel free to use.
  • Options
    Hey markezz! Nice function! I'll add it to my next release with your permission? (I'll credit you ofc :P)
  • Options
    Nice feature! Helps me a lot ;)
  • Options
    Does anyone have a workaround for the preview (PreviewPost by SirNot) to display smilies ?
  • Options
    This is a great extension. I tried to eliminate all but one folder to remove the selection box but the box is still there. Any thoughts?
  • Options
    I actually just commented out line 134 in the default file. I hope that doesn't have any bad effect... // if( $CommentForm->Context->Configuration["SMILIES_CATEGORIES"] > 1 ) $DirSelect->Write();
  • Options
    How would one add a whole new section of smilies and add a new set of gifs to that? I attempted to create a folder with a set of gifs in the /vanillacons/smilies folder. After doing that, vanilla read the section but the smilies wouldn't show up in the "add our comments" box. I tried rebuilding the icons as well, but that didn't work either. Should there be any changes made to the css file?
  • Options
    Any responses? "How would one add a whole new section of smilies and add a new set of gifs to that? I attempted to create a folder with a set of gifs in the /vanillacons/smilies folder. After doing that, vanilla read the section but the smilies wouldn't show up in the "add our comments" box. I tried rebuilding the icons as well, but that didn't work either. Should there be any changes made to the css file?" Thanks.
  • Options
    I just added this extension to my forum. When I go to the comment, I see the default standard icons. Then, when I select any category of icon, nothing displays. Any ideas why this happens?
  • Options
    jimw: I have this happening also. :(
  • Options
    Can you give me a link? It might be some javascript error
  • Options
    I wish I could do that but I am testing locally on my computer. I really have to get my forum online. Sorry.
  • Options
    What does your logs say (error.log and access_log)?
  • Options
    I get a whole series of the error in error.log: [Thu Jul 27 16:48:51 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: D:/Program Files/xampp/htdocs/forum, referer: http://localhost/Vanilla.1/comments.php?DiscussionID=5&page=1 In the access_log, there are a lot of: 127.0.0.1 - - [27/Jul/2006:16:48:52 -0400] "GET /forum/extensions/Vanillacons/smilies/happy/jumping.gif HTTP/1.1" 404 1332 127.0.0.1 - - [27/Jul/2006:16:48:52 -0400] "GET /forum/extensions/Vanillacons/smilies/happy/rolling.gif HTTP/1.1" 404 1332
This discussion has been closed.