Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Additional locale definition files not working?

locales/skelekton/other_definitions.php tells:

You can create as many definition files as you want if you find it easier to keep track of things this way.

However when I create files like privacypolicy_definitions.php or legalnotice_definitions.php in my locales folder, their definitions are not used (I have copied skeleton to en-US, made all the necessary changes to definitions.php, enabled that locale in the dashboard, and set it as default language).

Are all php files in the appropriate locale folder to be used automatically, do those files require a special naming, or do additional definition files have to be included by calling them from definitions.php?

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I believe that multiple locale files can only be used in addons (themes, plugins, locales, and applications). Are you talking about putting the file in /conf?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight

I just thought it's easier to keep track of things if I put larger text blocks (like for Privacy Policy, Legal Notice and Terms of Service) in their own definition files.

This is not about /conf, but /locales/_yourlocalefolder_.

Although the quoted comment from other_definitions.php tells it's possible, it's just not working if I put text definitions in any other file than definitions.php.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Hmmm... I am going to have to pass on this. I have very limited experience with locales.

Perhaps @vrijvlinder, @phreak, or @businessdad can help.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight

No problem, I can put it all in definitions.php, but since I stumbled over that comment in other_definitions.php I got curious.

BTW other_definitions.php is not read either, so it's not an issue of correctly naming additional definition files.