HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.1 release candidate

LincLinc Detroit Admin
edited April 2014 in Releases

Important

1. This release is for testing purposes, not production use.
  2. Get your testing in ASAP - I don't plan a second RC unless there is significant trouble with this one.
  3. Open bugs against the beta on GitHub by prefixing the title with: [2.1]
  4. Upgrading from the 2.0 branch involves an extra step. Instructions in the 2.1 beta 3 discussion

Download Here

Release Notes (since beta 3)

• 2014-04-21 Profiles: Fix unread discussions to reflect viewer, closes #1846
  • 2014-04-21 Import: Verify Poll table exists
  • 2013-09-19 Place the activity & wall forms into a .FormWrapper-Condensed.
  • 2013-09-19 Remove the activity form specific styles. Fix vertical alignment when reaction sprites are next to inputs.
  • 2013-09-19 Remove the .TextBoxWrapper fix and just use box-sizing: border-box.
  • 2013-07-17 Change the alignment of the activity form so that it's not a special case for stuff like the button bar.
  • 2014-04-20 Edit function decho
  • 2014-04-18 Move .Hidden to end of style.css, closes #1838
  • 2014-04-18 Merge error
  • 2014-04-18 Fix validation to use validateregex, closes #1837
  • 2014-04-18 EditCategory fix: use exception, not form error
  • 2014-04-18 Filter empty integers for MySQL strict mode
  • 2014-04-18 Structure tweaks for MySQL strict mode
  • 2014-03-14 ignore NetBeans stuff
  • 2014-04-16 Improvements to comment embedding
  • 2014-04-18 Fix dupe Dashboard in MeModule, closes #1834
  • 2014-04-18 Rm errant popin; closes #1833, #1843, #1841, #1842, #1836, #1853
  • 2014-04-17 Autodetect Internet on install for using CDNs
  • 2014-04-04 Show Friendly Error Message for Non-Numeric Category ID
  • 2014-04-04 Show Friendly Error Message for Non-Numeric Category ID

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

Is http://vanillaforums.org/discussions/unread

meaning "unread discussions listing".

supported in 2.1 rc1

• if so it has a bug with permissions and custom categories permissions that have discussions that should be unviewable by member role. The Titles of "unviewable" discussions is not filtered out. This may have been filed before, I couldn't find it and si I posted a new issue on github.

the other question - does the "unread" option in menu put more stress on server and slow down performance, does it scale well with servers with lots of simulteaneous users using this option.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• chanhchanh OngETC.com - CMS Researcher ✭✭

Nice, it is getting closer to a release! Thanks for the effort!

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@peregrine We should either support it or remove it, so yes, that would be a legit bug to file.

I imagine it would add some strain to very large sites by virtue of the fact that it doesn't allow discussion pagination caching via memcached. If you're not big enough to worry about memcached, you're not likely to notice.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

One thing I'd like folks to look closer at in 2.1 RC1: Markdown support, including its interaction with ButtonBar, Quotes, FileUpload, etc.

• OOOOOOOooooooo so this means a prod release may be coming soon? /frothing-at-mouth

• since you are using jQuery v1.10.2 on vanillaforums.org.

when is the likelihood, that you will be changing it from 1.7.2. in a vanilla 2.1 release.

it appears 2.1RC1 is still using 1.7.2

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

The strict mode code is not working.

After I clean up the cache, delete the database, make sure the permission on the cache folder is in order and it install just fine.

My bad! Sorry about that.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@peregrine said:
    when is the likelihood, that you will be changing it from 1.7.2. in a vanilla 2.1 release.

Very unlikely since 1) I'd basically have to take it back to beta for a change that big and 2) I really don't feel like cherry-picking those commits in when it'll happen naturally for 2.3 and 3) 2.3 is less far off on the horizon than you probably think.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

One thing I'd like folks to look closer at in 2.1 RC1: Markdown support, including its interaction with ButtonBar, Quotes, FileUpload, etc.

made some mods to FileUpload plugin ver 1.8.2 to work with 2.1 RC1 here.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26644/a-fix-to-make-fileupload-version-1-8-2-to-work-in-vanilla-2-1-backport

• nice release! are the core plugins updated as well?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@fr3em1nd Yes, from 2.0.18 to 2.1 you'd be hard-pressed to find anything that wasn't updated in the core repo.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

@fr3em1nd said:
    nice release! are the core plugins updated as well?

you can see the core plugins for 2.1 here:

https://github.com/vanillaforums/Garden/tree/2.1/plugins

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

It's an interesting idea. Quotes, in my mind, is the foremost candidate. The others are a bit more complicated due to possible deprecation by other addons.

My overall thought is: I think 2.3 is where you're going to see core addons shake out better. I'm championing some changes that I don't think will be ready for a 2.1 release, and I'm really anxious to get 2.1 out the door without rocking the boat too hard.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I find it quite confusing that the branches of the Addons are different from the Garden repo. Maybe you could think about that, too, and help finding the corresponding version of addons

• Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭

YES!!! Great newz... ;)

Can't wait for the new HTML Editor... ;)
    my people are still killing me cause of the lacks in CLEditor and Smileys etc.

Chapeau to the developers... ;)

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Last call for issues, folks!

• UnderDogUnderDog MVP
    edited April 2014

Besides that issue with the SQL statement (see http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/206209/#Comment_206209) (no bug report yet) no issues for me ...

How are the themes looking? How are the major addons doing? Is upgrading easy?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited April 2014

here's a few issues. Not sure if it is due to flaw in plugin programming or flaw in core, or lack of knowledge :) I haven't filed a bug.

this part works correctly:

when you add a plugin, the active arrow focuses on the link clicked on the side menu in the dashboard.
    the plugin added the link via addlink method to the sidepanel in dashboard.

However, when you addlink to the main menu via plugin

i.e. in Main Navgation Menu: Discussions, Activity, NewLink.

the New link added never gets a class of "Selected" when it is selected.

the NewLink added to the menu doesn't sort with configuration array that sorts other menu items, nor does a Select Class get added when the "New Link" is clicked.

$Configuration['Garden']['Menu']['Sort'] = array(Activity, 'Discussions', 'Conversations', 'Applicants', 'Dashboard');

Does the config statement above work with .tpl themes in 2.1rc1