Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

fatal error : Success !

Mulham_EBMulham_EB New
edited August 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

when i try to enable any plugin this message appear at the top : can't enable this plugin because it generates fatal error . and in the box that should be the error it says : Success .. ! how is that ? Now i can't enable any plugin .. version nubmer is 2.2.15.1

Comments

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2014

sorry I don't use that version, since it is an alpha version, but maybe some does.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

You are using the wrong version and no one else uses it for a production site.

By the way, what does your avatar mean ? Peace and guns ? Peace through guns ?

Just curious that the american peace sign is being used but the flag is not american flag. I am sure some people in the south would like that combo but just change the colors to red white and blue...

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2014

You are using the wrong version and no one else uses it for a production site.

yes he is.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    Mulham_EBMulham_EB New
    edited August 2014

it means that i am with the people of Gaza who are being killed daily .. by the way that's not our matter (because i'm linking my account with FB so this avatar appears) , i want a solution here , the problem is new , i was able to enable or disable any plugin , but i don't know why this happened suddenly , there should be a fix for this problem

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2014

best answer I can give is, do you have the same problem with vanilla 2.1.1

• Options

i didn't have this problem at all .. but ok as you suggest , i'll try to move to this version if it's better .. but i like the current version because all plugins work with it , i hope 2.1.1 do too ..

• Options

no i remembered , 2.1.1 doesn't run most plugins , i tried it before ..

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2014

because all plugins work with it , i hope 2.1.1 do too ..

if you look at the top of the page pretty much everywhere, then you will see a blue box with a few messages that all users should read.

• Options

that's right :) , ok what should i do now ?

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2014

that's right

whats right. what plugins do you want that don't work with 2.1.1

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26703/plugins-themes-that-work-and-don-t-work-in-vanilla-2-1

its really hard for me to concentrate when i see your machine gun pointed at my icon!

anyway you could point your gun somewhere else.

• Options

rtl plugin , and i use many right now , flagging - van2shout - Last Edited - Mediator - ShareThis , and i don't want to lose any of them

• Options

the gun is empty right now :D , so no need to worry

• Options

great , that solve my problem !!!..

• Options

i put a tech question and you are two talking about the icon and forgot the question ! .. i am going to sleep , this conversation is useless

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited August 2014

Mulham_EB said:
    great , that solve my problem !!!..

ok.

this conversation is useless

au contraire.

• you learned how to find your version number. see http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/27596/fatal-error-success
    • you learned how to post your version number, this thread
    • you learned how not to post in the vanilla 2.0 category.
    • and you learned that alpha version might not be the best version to use unless you are a developer.

the gun is empty right now :D , so no need to worry

• perhaps they have a guns for peace program in your town.
    • and give up the gun for cash.
    • maybe the machine gun is causing a fatal error.
    • I'd still feel safer if the gun was not pointed at my icon, despite it being empty.
    • So, I'm going to leave this thread since my icon doesn't feel safe with any guns pointing at it (empty or not).

Peace out! Say NO to violence.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited August 2014

The reality is it doesn’t matter have many Kalashnikov of or rocket Hamas have, violence has only ever worsened their situation, never improved it.

In 1947 Gaza touched the West Bank, nobody called it a "strip" Israel and Palestinian territories where like a battenburg cake. Fairly equally de-marked for balance power, becuase there was effectively a turn style in the middle of the country, so no one would control the centre entirely, the both had equal access to the Mediterranean, and the east.

The size of the Palestinian territories, was bigger than Lebanon, with a smaller population. Lebanon had a civil war since, but it has had more diverse population then and has one now, and have lived to comparably peacefully.

Considering this was the first time these Palestinian people had the opportunity to govern themselves, not under the British, Ottoman, or Byzantine, it is pity more wasn't made of of that massive opportunity to build a nation (regardless of the moral argument). I'd bet they could love to have only a fraction of that opportunity back.

Sometimes I think the nationalism is really stupid.

grep is your friend.

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yes I agree. But it is even worse when the nationalism is also backed by religious fanaticism and fundamental extremism where there can only be one winner no matter who loses and no matter the death toll.

This story however, started thousands of years ago not in 1947...

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin

Uhhh, wtf guys.

This discussion has been closed.