Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Same error on many plugins:

DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

Errors on plugins: Custom Pages, Biz-links, Civil Tongue and Auto Expire Discussions This is up till now.

Is this an error in class.dispatcher.php or am I the only one who is getting this error?

The error occurred on or near: /home3/hannahas/public_html/isaanexpats/library/core/class.dispatcher.php

337: call_user_func_array($Callback, $Args);

Comments

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited December 2014

You need to start a new discussion for each of the plugins that are not working by going to the plugin page in the addons section and starting the discussion by clicking the Ask a Question link on the Plugin page below the right hand box where it tells the version numbers etc for the plugin.

That way the specific author will be notified. Otherwise you will wait forever and they may never know to be able to come help you.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26703/plugins-themes-that-work-and-dont-work-in-vanilla-2-1

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

in addition to what vrijvlinder says.

• when you have an error with a specific plugin. Always mention the version number of the plugin that are you using.

• if it is a staff created plugin and it does not come bundled with the core - you may also be wise to check, there may be a newer version here

https://github.com/vanilla/addons

you can download the zip file from above link, and try the version

you will notice Civil Tongue has been updated in the above link. its worth a try to at least attempt to try updated versions of plugins. They may work, there are no guarantees, but at least you are testing a version that is probably not several years old, and may work with the version of vanilla you are using.

when you test - Test with either the default or Bittersweet theme always!

when you test if you still have problems....

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/199091/#Comment_199091

it can't get much more simple than that.

and to repeat what vrijvlinder said....

vrijvlinder said:
    You need to start a new discussion for each of the plugins that are not working by going to the plugin page in the addons section and starting the discussion by clicking the Ask a Question link on the Plugin page below the right hand box where it tells the version numbers etc for the plugin.

That way the specific author will be notified. Otherwise you will wait forever and they may never know to be able to come help you.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/26703/plugins-themes-that-work-and-dont-work-in-vanilla-2-1

Amen.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

What is the exact error?

Did 2.1.6 accidentally increase PHP requirements?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@DennisS could you give us the full stack trace for these errors?

I suspect the errors all will show up there as that's where the plugins "controller" methods are called.

• Options

@hgtonight said:
    What is the exact error?

Did 2.1.6 accidentally increase PHP requirements?

If that were the case then vanilla would not have installed and work no?

He is using many many many plugins and they all are outdated and have millions of &$Sender all over the place.

Most of his plugins can be fixed, but for some reason he was expecting plugins from 2010 to work without any mods...

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited December 2014

@vrijvlinder said:
    Most of his plugins can be fixed, but for some reason he was expecting plugins from 2010 to work without any mods...

Because they are the latest version of plugins in the repository. Makes sense to think they would work with the latest version of Vanilla.

Seriously, you can't expect end users to think like a Vanilla developer. No matter how much I want them to.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    edited December 2014

No of course not ,but Denis has been around for 2 years and was around when this first started and is the reason why he waited this long to update. Because he was afraid this would happen. He was told many times that not all plugins will work and there is a list showing which work and which don't.

He has been a participant in how to fix a plugin in various discussions. He is not new to this at all. Denis needs to put some effort on his part because he has already been shown what to do and how but either he won't or he can't..

You can only show a horse to water but you can't make them drink..

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

@vrijvlinder said:

true and

some plugins do require php version 5.3

but the point is we really can't help without the proper information, version number of plugin being tested, and full error info information.

and some interactive follow-thru.

very hard to help someone, who posts, disappears and then comes back.

figure out a time when you can stay on-line follow the advice of the poster and troubleshoot as requested.

you may want to find out what version of php you are using?

create a phpinfo.php file and run it from browser.

<?php

// Show all information, defaults to INFO_ALL
    phpinfo();

?>

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    edited December 2014

I have looked at ver of PHP:
    PHP 5.4+ Incompatible Applications Installed ***** should i downgrade ****
    Application Name Version Path
    OSCOMMERCE 2.3.3 /home3/han/public_html/computer ( Property website ) but it all works ok, no plugin or code problems.
    Ok yes i have been around 2 years, the first time i saw a HTML, CSS file I never had a clue. I have been learning over the last 2 years, so be patient, please.
    ------------------------------
    All the plugins 12 in total - 9 are working ok, all installed at the moment are the latest ver downloaded from here.

I have put the error on each plugin I'm having problems with, Biz-links is not on here but sent email with no reply. I only select plugins which I want, not just for fun, Pockets is one of the most important plugins but throws an error, one type of plugins I want is additional Pages, Custom Pages plugin has Error, Extra Pages above my coding capability, I have been using Basic Pages which is easy and works great, but will not install now on 2.1.6. I am now writing html pages and putting links to them. I hope you understand not all people install Vanilla are coders, some are like me wanted something different to Wordpress. My websites are free to help out expats in Thailand. "As for someone staying on line posting and disappearing" it's 09:32 in Thailand at this moment, in europe 03:32 I hope that explains something. Has anyone any idea what would cause this same error on the plugins? I can see it's a call funtion error I have looked at the 2.0.18.8 file and the 2.1.6 file I can see they are very different but don't understand the workings.

/home3/hannahas/public_html/isaanexpats/library/core/class.dispatcher.php

333: try {
    334: $this->FireEvent('BeforeControllerMethod');
    335: Gdn::PluginManager()->CallEventHandlers($Controller, $Controller->ControllerName, $ControllerMethod, 'Before');
    336:
    337: call_user_func_array($Callback, $Args);
    338: } catch (Exception $Ex) {
    339: $Controller->RenderException($Ex);
    340: }
    341: } elseif (method_exists($Controller, $ControllerMethod)) {

Backtrace:
    /home3/hannahas/public_html/isaanexpats/library/core/class.dispatcher.phpPHP::Gdn_ErrorHandler();
    [/home3/hannahas/public_html/isaanexpats/library/core/class.dispatcher.php:337] PHP::call_user_func_array();
    [/home3/hannahas/public_html/isaanexpats/index.php:46] Gdn_Dispatcher->Dispatch();

• Options

hgtonight no 2.1.6 did not change the PHP ver the one i was using was 5.2 which is now not supported, so I thought best to upgrade to 5.4.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

what plugins do you currently have enabled?

If you can respond within 20 minutes I'll try to help.

• Options
    edited December 2014

These are enabled and working ok as far as i have tested them:
    Auto Expire Discussions-
    BulkInvite-
    BumpDiscussion-
    CategoryImageHeader-
    DiscussionToolTip-
    EMailDiscussion-
    Feed Discussions-
    IndexDiscussionImage-
    IndexPhotos-
    Mediator-
    PageNavigator-
    WYSIWYG (CLEditor)

• Options

disable all of them from the dashboard.

• Options

after you have disabled all of them via the dashboard let me know.

then change your theme to the bittersweet theme

• Options

done all disabled

• Options

switch to bittersweet theme.

• Options

let me know when this done.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

please refresh your browser every minute or two.

so you can respond to my questions faster.

• Options

please stay focused.

• Options

category image - IndexDiscussionImage still showing