HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla is proud to present version 2.2

LincLinc Detroit Admin
edited November 2015 in Releases

Vanilla 2.2 - the stable gold release - can now be downloaded. The upgrade instructions are in the README.md as part of the download.

Vanilla 2.2 requires PHP 5.3. This is a change from the 2.1 series which only required PHP 5.2. The next release (2.3) will require PHP 5.4. We strongly recommend upgrading to PHP 5.6 as soon as possible. Contact your host and request it if you don't have control over it. It's IMPORTANT!

Critical upgrading notes:

• You must follow the normal upgrade process, including running /utility/update.
  • You CANNOT DOWNGRADE after upgrading because 2.2 contains a change in password hashing that is irreversible. You would lock yourself (and anyone else who's logged in since the upgrade) out of your account by downgrading.
  • If you are using a locale, please note the naming standard changed in 2.2 so you MUST update your locales as well.

We strongly recommend testing your plugin and theme compatibility in a safe place before upgrading your production forum.

IF YOU HAVE TROUBLE UPGRADING AND NEED ASSISTANCE, PLEASE START A NEW DISCUSSION. If you are a developer and locate a reproducible issue, please file it on our GitHub tracker, noting your version as 2.2 exactly. We greatly appreciate the assistance.

Support for 2.1 ends immediately. Please upgrade to 2.2 as soon as possible.

Comments

• Just Thanks for That Nice 2.2 Version I'm Just Happy!!

• chanhchanh OngETC.com - CMS Researcher ✭✭

Sound great! Thanks for the effort to get this out.

• Thank you for this great work !!

• Great stuff guys, thanks!

• Thanks so much!!!!

• brilliant, thank you!

• "Upgrade was a success"

yeSSSSSSS.

Thank you so much for your work!

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Amazing work! Thank you all DEVs and BugSquashers

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • JasonBarnabeJasonBarnabe Cynical Salamander ✭✭

Is the password hashing the only thing that prevents downgrading? I use jsConnect only, so I assume that's not an issue for me.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@JasonBarnabe said:
    Is the password hashing the only thing that prevents downgrading? I use jsConnect only, so I assume that's not an issue for me.

Should be. And yes, using jsConnect would circumvent that issue.

But you should also know that downgrading makes the Vanilla gnomes cry.

• Dr_SommerDr_Sommer Dr. of tender Programing ;) ✭✭

A great ThX to the Devs and the Community... :+1::pleased:

• FerrariSteveFerrariSteve Seattle
    edited November 2015

Many thanks! Had a bit of trouble on the upgrade, but the issue was two pesky plugins (CloudFlare Support and Logger) and now seems to be up and running smoothly. :)

• Upgraded without any obvious hitches, and all plugins seem to be operational. Great work - I love the sleek button bar.

• Wow, thank you! It's tiime to plan some updates… B)

• What do I do when I get the "Something has gone wrong"-screen and there is no debug info despite the plugin being enabled? Upgraded to php 5.5, fresh install to avoid plugin issues, I can get to the dashboard no problem, but not the forum, no matter what I do. Suggestions?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@defilor said:
    What do I do when I get the "Something has gone wrong"-screen and there is no debug info despite the plugin being enabled? Upgraded to php 5.5, fresh install to avoid plugin issues, I can get to the dashboard no problem, but not the forum, no matter what I do. Suggestions?

Start a new discussion after following this guide: http://docs.vanillaforums.com/developers/troubleshooting/

• Any link to read on locales standard change? Can i suggest a template en_US locale file in locales folder so we can have a base to work on?

• I'll answer myself about locale. My locale (Slovenian) works as it did on 2.1 so no change there.

And maybe my experience about going from 2.1.13p1 to 2.2 on test env (Ubuntu 14.04 with php 5.5.9) - all went well. I did follow peregrines fool proof tutorial.

Only issues for me are Resized Image Lightbox does not work for some reason, Quotes work but they are in Reactions area and i prefer them in the commentinfo area. Other working plugins are: Add Registration Question, All Viewed, CommentsRSS, Jump to Top, Role Titles, Split/Merge.

P.s. Did anyone upgrade on PHP 5.3? Is there a checkbox in the dashboard do disable file uploads? Or is that only possible by editing config.php?